Executone compressor / limiter?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

Anyone have any info on, or experience with, an Executone brand SS limiter?  I'm staring at 2 of them sent in for an overhaul.  No apparent model #, looks like PSU is external DC.    2RU light blue with VU/GR in the middle, like many of the other industrial/commercial install products of the early '70's.  Transistor based, with a Raytheon optical element. 

In nearly vanished ink, I find 12-15VDC on TB1, which also carries the unbal output.   TB2 has the unbal input.   2N321 transistors everywhere, so I went for positive ground with the supply.   Seems to be no real ground reference on the board at all, maybe just case ground brought out.    They pump like a mutha, and both work as-is.   Eat 420-460 mA @ 12VDC. 

Any updates? What did you find? I got offered one of these as a repair project and am not sure if its too much for me to take on.

Thanks!

I missed that last post, just got a call looking for info, and I don't have any more than posted above.  The work was done for a client who didn't want to spend a lot on an unknown, so there wasn't a lot of time put into it.  I don't recall much of anything about the sound of it.  Pretty sure I installed a modular switching supply. 

Back