ADA STD1 stereo tapped delay troubleshoot

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.frad

Hey guys!
I bought a used ada std1 without power cable, so i couldn't test it, and guess what? it doesn't work....
The problem seems to be in the psu, which uses transistors, and a strange IC which seems to be an oldschool regulator that goes feeding the BBD.

Now i'm thinking that i could replace the whole thing with todays regulators but i need to figure out if there is other voltages in there than +-15V.

So my question is, does anyone have a schematic for this thing?
Thanks for reading!

Well of course I wont find it easily if I forget to look in the most obvious place! Thanks a lot man, i'd forgotten how great that website is... An on we go, let's swap some ICs!

When I look at it, that PSU looks like nothing I've seen before, why use a Astable miltivibrator to generate +-15 from a +-15 transformer when I guess regulators already existed?

cheers
jules

Bringing this thread back from the dead in search of a good schematic for the STD-1... hope someone can help!  The link above only takes me to the main page of a now-defunct (apparently) ADA forum...

Thanks for any help!

Myles

Back