dogears

Re: TG1 - advice from any one who has built it...
« Reply #840 on: June 18, 2020, 02:47:20 PM »
Hit "S" to generate the command line prompt.

In the box make sure it's generating a spice command not a comment. Type .include ((filename.txt)) and place that anywhere on the "paper". It'll run when you hit run.

etheory

« Reply #841 on: June 18, 2020, 07:28:37 PM »

In the box make sure it's generating a spice command not a comment. Type .include ((filename.txt)) and place that anywhere on the "paper". It'll run when you hit run.

well well well, as an LTSpice user since FOREVER, I've always hit "t" instead.
Turns out that both "s" AND "t" do exactly the same thing....

dogears

« Reply #842 on: June 18, 2020, 07:34:11 PM »
I think they open the same dialogue box, S has the radio button for spice command and T opens it set to text. :)

Re: TG1 - advice from any one who has built it... New
« Reply #843 on: June 19, 2020, 09:33:32 PM »

Well the both of you ( Dogears & etheory ) definitely made that easier than the help file to grasp , but I'm still getting a error , after I add the .include command using the Spice directive option . I save changes  then choose run under the simulate menu and it tells me it cannot load the models.txt file. I have tried saving changes then relaunch the Spice app  to make sure changes have been applied.  The first error log file with the profile errors does not appear anymore, so this is a move in the right direction (error log  screen snapshot in earlier post on pg. 42 ) . However , I'm puzzled with this new error  - see screen snapshot below.

Note : running the x64 bit version of LTSpice XVII under W10 Pro  v1909, OS build 18363.900

The models.txt file is in the same folder as the TG1 .asc file.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LTSpice does'nt seem to recognize my models.txt file below , saved as .txt doc file
There are two choices of text file options to save as : 1) document text  or 2) MS-DOS Text 
I assume both are the same  ???  See my file below - snapshot of last half not fully displayed but included in the modesl.txt file.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 08:42:11 AM by electrochronic »
curiousaudioparts at  gmail  dot  com
https://sites.google.com/site/diypartsstore/