TG1 - advice from any one who has built it...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walking in the dark, I'm done  ;). Amazing sound....Oohmmss and crushhh...

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4900.jpg

Kingston said:
demo sounds please!

As you wish.. but a few to tell, for now ...this is transformerless, I substitute all diode/zener, I adjust not only AOT....so don't expect to much.. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?znywe03inmd
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3tmvidymcdi/TG12345DIY MAX.mp3

Yeah, I like it very much, it's superb on acoustic gtr strumming. 1N4148 for OA202, I don't know what zener, the seller says it's substitutes for 1N751A...

simonsez said:
Yeah, I like it very much, it's superb on acoustic gtr strumming. 1N4148 for OA202, I don't know what zener, the seller says it's substitutes for 1N751A...

I sourced some original HS2051's, but can't find the oa202's, so i'll sub those with 4148.
Also, bc177/179 is hard to find?

Biasrocks said:
desol said:
I sourced some original HS2051's, but can't find the oa202's, so i'll sub those with 4148.

The BOM specifies a 1N4153 as a substitute for the OA202.

Mark

Oh. Your right. That's what i meant to say.  ;)

I'm probably going blind & have a question for members with better sight than me :

What is the value of R115 which is mounted on the back of the attack/recovery/hold  switch pcb ?  It just seems to be marked with an * on everything I look at with no value.

R115: this is the part of HOLD switch if you like to build it like EMI.
See descr.txt for HOLD switch etc.
according to Fester's post ...

RedNoise said:
R115: this is the part of HOLD switch if you like to build it like EMI.
See descr.txt for HOLD switch etc.
according to Fester's post ...

You mean it's the 5k resistor in this bit

To get more precision in range of +/-15 db gain,
5k log pot connected in series with 5k resistor can be good option.
To get precision steps, possible to use switch,

Yes , put here a 5K resistor as described if you use the hold pot.As it is "on the trace" (sorry for the poor english) of the Lorlin for hold and the Molex connector.(pin6)
This is what I understood , but I have no electronic habilities.

Still a bit confused by this.

The ladder of resistors on the hold switch add up to 9k67, but since the steps are not equal, it cannot be considered to be the 10k linear that Fester says EMI used.    Or maybe EMI actually used a 10k "log", & not linear for the hold.  Although on the original diagram it looks like it says "lin", but the writing is blurred

In Festers text he says to use a 5K log post with the 5k resistor can be a good solution.  So maybe one should half the values that are written on the diagram for the hold switch to use with the 5k resistor.

Or just use the 10k log values & insert a link where R115 goes.

Anyone got anything to add here ?

By the way I have my unit powered up now, & it isn't working correctly, but I suspect it's probably to do with the abaove & other similar hook up issues

I use 10K linier pot for HOLD and it's work fine,I think this is not your problem Rob. it's easier using pot than rotary switch. The GR meter reading meter is different than any compressor else. I'ts react with Hold control even without signal. Just like the TG plugins . 

Latest posts

Back