TG1 - advice from any one who has built it...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)  thanks loopermc5

that's good news! 

I apologize, and swear I'm not being lazy, possibly a little lazy ;) but does anyone have a part number mouser, digikey, newark for a transformer that meets these specs?

TG PSu requirement is +/- 28v output

Use 56-60vct (2x28vac) or (2x30vac) /30-50va transformer

I've been entering that data in the last several hours, and nothing comes up?  possibly, I'm mis-reading something...

thanks so much, I've almost got everything entered in now, ready to hit purchase, and crank up the soldering iron!!!  woo-hoo  :) :) :)

I used to use here 2x25V 50VA toroids. 35 VDC on capactors after the bridge is quite enough to take it down to 28.
Take into account, most of transformers have some "spare" volts (specs are measured at max load).

Team,

BC184C HFE range

I have searched using

TG-1 BC184C HFE

I can find no answers to what the recommended figure for the BC184C HFE should be?

Is 440 HFE too low?

Should they all be in the 600HFE range?

Thanks for any help

Michael

Igor said:
lnk 1 is for stereo link.

I revised Fester's boards to 51X format, and found little, for most people irrelevant, buggie at current version of rack format boards.

IIRC, this fix was already posted; anyway.

Funny, this buggie wasn't present in old version boards.  Gremlins? Dunno ;)
Old version boards are very first ones without components values at silkscreening; there were 18 mono boards;
only me and some of first builders used them. First version boards had no transformer / bypass board.

If you plan to build it with HOLD or already have HOLD control at your unit, please refer to archive.
http://ij-audio.com/downloads/TG_FIX.rar

IF USED IN CH**R CONFIGURATION - J_CH*R SHORTED, NO HOLD CONTROL - THIS FIX IS NOT RELEVANT.
FOR USE WITH HOLD CONTROL ONLY!!!!
CUT TWO TRACES AND CONNECT 2 WIRES AS SHOWN AT PICTURES.

Fix takes 2 minutes exactly. Worst case, if you have to open/remove knobs at existing unit, 5 minutes.

When i click on this link to find out how to fix the new PCBs it comes up as &&%^%$$&^$&^$^&%%%&

Can anyone repost the bug fix please so that My Mac can read it.

Thanks

Michael

I have no idea why there can't be a JPG of this bug fix. Why does this all have to be such a trek.

Ok, going through the docs that I can download.........

I can't find any info on the  whole AOT*. Does anyone have a list of suggested resistors for these points?

There is no info on how to calculate these anywhere.

Michael

I would go here
http://www.ij-audio.com/store/50051x/tg12423_stereo_preorder/

download this it has a folder in it for the racked vrs i found it to be the most comprehensive it spells out the info you seek

Thanks,

I still have this problem with .rar files. What are these?

Can anyone JPG these or PDF them? What is wrong with this file type?

Michael

muffy1975 said:
Thanks,

Michael
send me a pm with you email i can send you the folder if you havnt figured out how to open it

muffy1975 said:
Thanks,

Michael

Just use winrar.

I've got a question on how to get a stereo link in this unit. Is is possible? I just cant find a stereo link option in the schematics. Do I have to come up with my own solution?

EDIT...already found it a few post above mine :)

My 3HE frontpanel version...

2v187f7.jpg

Does anybody know if the 1mA Sifam Meters I have will work? I'm not quite sure if I can get them to a more or less exact reading when the original unit needs 2.4mA

Team,

does anyone know what range the bc184c and 214 c should be for this project. What have people been using?

muffy1975 said:
Team,

BC184C HFE range

I have searched using

TG-1 BC184C HFE

I can find no answers to what the recommended figure for the BC184C HFE should be?

Is 440 HFE too low?

Should they all be in the 600HFE range?

Thanks for any help

Michael

Also,

can anyone supply me with the correct 1W 5.1V zeners and the 11V zener?

I think i have the 12v 1 watt zener.

thanks in advance

Michael
oxford
england

Latest posts

Back