TG1 - advice from any one who has built it...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit "S" to generate the command line prompt.

In the box make sure it's generating a spice command not a comment. Type .include ((filename.txt)) and place that anywhere on the "paper". It'll run when you hit run.

dogears said:

In the box make sure it's generating a spice command not a comment. Type .include ((filename.txt)) and place that anywhere on the "paper". It'll run when you hit run.

well well well, as an LTSpice user since FOREVER, I've always hit "t" instead.
Turns out that both "s" AND "t" do exactly the same thing....

I think they open the same dialogue box, S has the radio button for spice command and T opens it set to text. :)

dogears said:

Well the both of you ( Dogears & etheory ) definitely made that easier than the help file to grasp , but I'm still getting a error , after I add the .include command using the Spice directive option . I save changes  then choose run under the simulate menu and it tells me it cannot load the models.txt file. I have tried saving changes then relaunch the Spice app  to make sure changes have been applied.  The first error log file with the profile errors does not appear anymore, so this is a move in the right direction (error log  screen snapshot in earlier post on pg. 42 ) . However , I'm puzzled with this new error  - see screen snapshot below.

Note : running the x64 bit version of LTSpice XVII under W10 Pro  v1909, OS build 18363.900

The models.txt file is in the same folder as the TG1 .asc file.

spice%20mod%20error.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LTSpice does'nt seem to recognize my models.txt file below , saved as .txt doc file
There are two choices of text file options to save as : 1) document text  or 2) MS-DOS Text 
I assume both are the same  ???  See my file below - snapshot of last half not fully displayed but included in the modesl.txt file.

models%20text%20doc.jpg

Hi electrochronic,

Try using notepad instead.
Those other two editors are probably saving the file in rich-text format, which won't work properly.

As far as model files go, it's a little trickier than it is for .sub files.

You actually need to edit the files here:
C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\lib\cmp\standard.bjt

You cannot just reference a model from anywhere, unfortunately (at least as far as I am aware).

Just append your models to that file, and all should be well once you reload.

good morning, can someone tell me where the cold signal of the transformer is connected?

Attachments

• 545C7445-0836-4204-BBEA-A326E0246DD8.png
    545C7445-0836-4204-BBEA-A326E0246DD8.png
    458.6 KB · Views: 36
everything seems to work fine, only that I have a mass noise that I can not remove, I have to say that I do not have the 1N751A paired, I am going to buy them from a colleague of groupdiy, I still do not have the audio transformers, so the signal is not there balanced.
Could the ground noise be due to the lack of transformers?
thank you.

Hey Juan,
this thread is for a different project, which - as far as I know - is not maintained anymore. As you purchased TG boards from me in last November and posting screenshots from my guide, you might as well take any further questions to the other build thread where I already responded to your earlier question, which is the actual build thread for my boards.

With that said, the noise you're getting is most likely from a bad batch of Zeners. I would rule out the lack of transformers completely. Again, head to the other thread - it's full of info about Zener noise and other issues. Muchas gracias :)

Hi everyone, I bought one of the Igor clone builds years ago with no input transformers and am thinking of purchasing two Sowter 1715 transformers for the inputs, which were a recommendation from brian sowter for the tg12413. I wanted to confirm with you guys that the inputs should definitely be in 1:1 configuration for this build, resulting in no level drop, right? In this case 600:600

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I bought one of the Igor clone builds years ago with no input transformers and have since bought two Sowter 1715 transformers for the inputs, which were a recommendation from brian sowter for the tg12413. I wanted to confirm with you guys that the inputs should definitely be in 1:1 configuration for this build, resulting in no level drop, right? In this case 600:600
I used 1:1 for both i/p & o/p. Works well.

thank you so much Rob! I see from the thread you built a few of these, did you find any particular input impedance worked better or worse for you? I recognize it was a while ago now, do you happen to recall?

ah okay, I guess 10k will match better with modern gear? I guess the original unit was quite low - hopefully I didn't make a mistake going that way haha

Is there a building guide for this?
And does somebody has the building guide fot Igor's version?
I would love to have a copy of both.

Latest posts

Back