Carnhill 10k:10k input transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 10k:10k input transformers are now in stock (CA-18-VTB9071)...... the question is...... what should we get Carnhill to design next ?

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Whatever you can sell enough of, Colin.

One idea might be something like the typical Neve output, but say 4:1+1, gapped, and with plenty of primary inductance for driving with valve output stages.

The last one (pair) I had designed was pretty much what you are asking for isn't it ?

The VTB2290 is a gapped 9600R:600R (dual primary and dual secondary) in the same physical format as the standard Neve outputs (but with a narrow connector panel so it fits in a 1U box)....

[and the same thing but ungapped is the VTB2291].

They were for the DAOC? project (I think).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Oh man, that's cool! I don't really follow many of the projects here, so wasn't aware.

Not sure what else might be called for. It might be an idea to get suggestions then put them to a vote. Things I can think of are mic output transformers (a versatile alternative to the BV8 would be cool) or multi ratio mic input transformers. Sowter does a 1:3/5/9 or similar which doubles up as a good mic output transformer too. It takes quite a bit of consideration designing something like that well though.

Latest posts

Back