How It's Made- The Microphone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's such a good show. They had a real good one about how speakers are made  and were at the meyer factory.

zebra50 said:
Makes it look so easy, especially the capsule assembly.

all it takes is the right tool for the job and anything is relatively easy.

Reminds me a little of the Monty Python skit
where they tell you how to play the flute

" well, you just put your fingers on it and wiggle them around
next week we'll show you how to be a doctor "

this is a better response than last time someone mentioned this episode
of how it's made [ fine Candian product , the show that is ]

pucho812 said:
all it takes is the right tool for the job and anything is relatively easy.

There's nothing like the right tool for the job.

And -usually- that's what I end up using...

..nothing like the right tool for the job!

;D

Since we're talking tools...my interest in auto and electronics have me buying tools constantly. One of my favorite tools is my
Tektronix 177.

I think that the Monty Python may have to involve someone with a horrible cold getting their snew all over the capsule.  The clean hands, lab coat, and oversimplification makes me laugh though.  Skylar would have it made if he just had the basket press, solder press, and that cauldron thing.

<shhhhh>
Well actually, I designed a complete set of capsule assembly tooling after being shown this video over a year ago.
I've also got some capsule designs I am working on.
The plan is to eventually acquire all of the necessary equipment for capsule production in modest quantities.

The tough part (read: expensive) is getting the thermal vacuum evaporation setup.
But for the time being, I do have access to a thermal evaporator owned by the local State University.
</shhhhh>

Latest posts

Back