why don't we make a SSL channel compressor clone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barclaycon said:
When the SSM2110 in the 9k channels went obsolete, it was replaced with a 2252 on a small board that slotted into the 2110 socket.

If you got any info on this as well I would be most interested.

I don't have a schematic for the conversion board I'm afraid, but I imagine it would be fairly similar to the app note for converting the 2120 detector to the 2252.

I don't personally have any experience with the 4k channel comps, but I was under the impression the designs were fairly similar and there was some interest earlier in the thread in the 9k comp.

guys, i can't do the pcb design.. it's too complicated for me it would take me a lot of time to learn to do.
if someone is interested in doing it, i can pass the eagle schematics and explain a bit what i did.
i saw the 9k schematics, i think we could replace some values and make some corrections to the eagle schematics i did if we choose to do that. they seemed similar to me.

pietro_moog said:
guys, i can't do the pcb design.. it's too complicated for me it would take me a lot of time to learn to do.

It is a little beast Pietro.

I've got a board  completed for the 4K Dynamics section. It includes a balanced in/out board and LED driver board, all parts are available and easily sourced. These are authentic to the SSL 4K design. I can offer up boards for everyone to build.

Interest?

Mark

Biasrocks said:
pietro_moog said:

It is a little beast Pietro.

I've got a board  completed for the 4K Dynamics section. It includes a balanced in/out board and LED driver board, all parts are available and easily sourced. These are authentic to the SSL 4K design. I can offer up boards for everyone to build.

Interest?

Mark

you did it? i thought i was the only one to working on it..
yeah, sure i want them! do you have them in the black market?

i didn't say i give up. i just do not have time to learn how to make an intelligent pcb design.
i have schematics done in eagle, and the IN-2181-out part done.
if someone is willing to continue this project (pre+expander) i'm fine.

maybe in the future i'll do an SSL EQ board..

Back