Mod a BOSS KM 60 Keyboard mixer for DIRECT OUTS?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ion

is this possible?

and is it a complicate thing to do, or easy for a newb?

cheers from hamburg

no man... no mackie... do the ol funky looking Boss sound that bad?

okay thanks for the warning

give me some names :)

i allready had several things high and low end.... like Ghost 24 LE etc...okay not highend but average...

but i am after a SMALL!!! mojo Tone thing... 6-8 channels.

i was recomendet Studiomaster oldies... but i also undertsand many say they suck.... also watchign Tascam m30 / m35

i could also consider some Broadcast mini mixer but i actually am not after ultra transparent sound

my advice is ... get a good and clean sounding mixer and use some tools to get that what you call "mojo"

the Soundcraft Ghost is an excellent mixing desk in its price range

yes  but much too large, got rid of tha years ago

but i actually like to keep only little number of units, i need minimalism for several reasons...

i have some mojo gear.... ADR COMPEX F760X and Culture Vulture... the first i ll keep for the rest of my life i think :)

2nd i am about to sell, because i think as nice as it is, i can get my saturation out of some vintage desk + 8 track Tape

than theres a PM1000.. and thats about it besides tha main Instruments: MPC60/ASR10/Vibraphone/Logic

so... i dunno if some really clean mixer is the ticket

the ADR gear is great I nearly have the whole range of compressors and limiters..

I can get my saturation out of some vintage desk

I've tested a lot of mixers and if you want to distort the signals with the gain pot the "best" sounding mixxers for this purpose was the mackie vlz series

what kind of tape machine do you use?

i am about to get a Tascam 238 CASSETTE

i had a B77 few years back... thats not multitrack of course...  but i really dont want something of that size agian... i dont mind a bit lofi.. actaully some of my favorite present artists use multitrack casette (Madlib/Portishead) and wahts good enough for them,....

Latest posts

Back