EQN build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
desol said:
To come to his defense, canidoit asks alot of unneccessary questions imo, which i feel can get annoying for some, distracting and shows certain amounts of disrespect. Whether he/she's aware of this or not. Canidoit needs to start screening their questions as to whether they are necessary/valid or not, imo...and start reasearching common sense information beforehand. Better judgement. There comes a point when this type of information starts to take away from a thread, and as i suggested, can be distracting or even misleading.

A star is useful when swearing. ie: F*ck.  (burp)
Back to my gin and tonic. Cheers all...and no disrespect to anyone.
People who start out, dont know some of these common sense stuff. Like Q1, Q2, Q3. Im just trying to help myself and people who arent as knowledgable as some of you guys. It's not being disrespectful if someone really does not know and wants to post an enquiry. Do you expect me to do a search on what 3 asterisk means on Peters BOM list or what part is what when non of the parts provided are labeled. I am already struggling trying to find the parts using the search function at the stores. I have no idea what some of these parts looks like that are in the BOM even after doing a search. I thought this thread is about questions about this build.

In another thread Volker asked "what size do I have to use?" when referring to potentiometers.

Small format... ie Vishay PRV6/PARV6 kinda size.

We've all been there canidoit.  I've posted plenty of headsmackingly obvious questions, it's just part of the learning process.
Just take your licks from the intelligentsia, muster up some humility and read everything thrown at you, like, five times.
Sleep on it, read it again, then, if your still chaseing butterflies, post.    :p

peter purpose said:
desol said:
A star is useful when swearing. ie: F*ck.  (burp)

Bollocks * ... like that?

No, like this>>> What the f*** are you on about?
Or, s**t, I just burnt my new remote control with the soldering iron.
Kinda like that, or kinda not, whichever.

Kits received Peter. Thanks!

Just ordered 2 partial parts kits from Colin. Nice and easy.  ;D

Now, Mike and Ed were is the rest-o-the iron???  ::)

Looking forward to bugging the piss out of you on this one Peter!  :D

I kid.  ;)

Cheers, Jeff  :)

peter purpose said:
Sorry girls, but I couldn't NOT share.
Skylar has rendered up a front panel with some custom knobs.... and I had to knock one out.

lazeqn.jpg

Those knobs look a lot like the Kilo international DDS type knobs, looks great.

Does the minimal calibration process for this unit require an Oscilloscope? Can you get this unit running at its best without one?

I am in the process of considering buying one and I need to know if I should buy it for this build? My Oscilloscope may be out of calibration though since it will be old but maybe it will be sufficient enough for this build.

Thanks

peter purpose said:
Everything is ordered, so let's start with a BOM.
http://lazpro.com/eqnbom.pdf
I think it's all there.

This might be a stupid question, and I'm sure more will follow, but here goes:

All 1/4w resistors unless noted otherwise?

I'm putting my parts order together as I type this.....

cheers!

johnnyscotch said:
peter purpose said:
Everything is ordered, so let's start with a BOM.
http://lazpro.com/eqnbom.pdf
I think it's all there.

This might be a stupid question, and I'm sure more will follow, but here goes:

All 1/4w resistors unless noted otherwise?

I'm putting my parts order together as I type this.....

cheers!
Yes that's right,
"They are 1/4 watt unless specified for the resistors.
Power caps need to be 25v minimum."

All the best with the parts mate, if you manage to gathers all your parts, can I please have a look at your store BOM list to reference from. :)

Back