EQN build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Peter would you be willing to share how one might obtain those knobs on the 1084 on the first page? Oh It'd be so sassy to have those....

i hope the retail units are very popular pete - you deserve it!

maybe us diy'ers should start a list of available knobs that fit - specifically those tiny 1/8" cut/boost knobs....

maybe a group buy on knobs?  Not sure how to do that but if someone finds or makes cool knobs I'm sure a number of people would buy them.  Lets make them a different color then Peters retail version if possible. 

I have sent an email to my knob supplier to see if they will do red and blue anodized. They would look similar to Pete's rendering but not exactly the same. The small knob would not have a skirt. The diameter is 3/8" which just makes it inside the indication marks. The larger knobs would have a skirt. I'll see what they say. I would assume either black or clear anodizing would be more cost affordable but I think the red and blue would look killer!

I am building mine with the Lambda V converter so I can plug them to my liking anywhere in my console. I think I am also gonna do my own faceplate so they match the rest of my board.

I working on my Mouser/Digi order now for the parts I need. Will take some time indeed!

best, Jeff

That'd be awesome Jeff. I'm all for it. I've been looking everywhere for some suitable knobs and no luck. I figured if kilo would do custom colors that'd be the best bet, but I doubt they do. Please keep us updated. I'm sure alot of us would be interested.

-Brice Conrad

As for the inductors in the US, I have found these at Mouser. http://mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/43LS103/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsg%252by3WlYCkU6LFPAFG9Gi9baAGxaFiF10%3d They are axial, small and inexpensive.

Peter, correct me if I'm wrong, the BOM shows "1MH". According to your RS part, it should be "1mH"? You mean millihenry and not megahenry right? So, the equivalent then is 1000uH or microhenry. All these darned henry's.  ??? Just glad I'm still on a coffee high!  :D

Just trying to help (myself and others!).  ;D

best, Jeff

Pardon me if it has been covered 100 times already, in know the pots are 10K linear. I assume that center detent is preferred.

hey jeff ol bean:)

bom says:

RV1 10K LINEAR SMALL FORMAT
RV2 10K LINEAR SMALL FORMAT
RV3 50K LINEAR SMALL FORMAT

if the center dent is ACCURATE then it would be handy - but i've heard some (cheaper) center dent pots aren't always dead on - i.e. not always 50% total resistance if you know what i mean... which would be annoying... flat wouldn't be flat.

oh, and those cute little pots that peter used on his prototype are Vishay/Sfernice parts - search for PRV6 (and possibly PARV6? too)

mouser and farnell seem to have 'em

I would hazard a guess that it will be very difficult to fit any other model pot, I tried before and ended up ordering the PRV6's in the end....

Personally I am not too worried about center detent, as each band can be switched off if it isn't used (off position on the freq selector) if you want to have it guaranteed flat.

briomusic said:
...Personally I am not too worried about center detent, as each band can be switched off if it isn't used (off position on the freq selector) if you want to have it guaranteed flat.
Good point. Time to not over-think things as usual.

Good point. The ones I selected and ordered are rated 100mA max. I assumed that would be sufficient but we all not what assume means.

Back