Is there a list of Projects here?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl_Huff

Hello everybody!

I've just found this forum and am very excited to have found so many others with interests like mine. I have been doing the audio DIY thing for awhile. I see alot of great threads!! The 'Forsell Opto Limiter' project has caught my atttention. Are PC boards still available??

Is there a list of projects and sources somewhere?

I am looking for a good parametric eq. The typical mass market crap out there just doesn't sound very 'musical' to me.

Best Regards,
Carl Huff

Welcome Carl!

Check out the black market forum. There are PCB's for various projects for sale over there. The Calrec mic pre/EQ might be a good one to start with. I'm not sure what else is out there as far as parametric eq's go. I can't think of any other that are available on the black market right now. There's a very cool Pultec tube eq clone, but that's no parametric.

Welcome aboard! :guinness:

Welcome Carl,

Stick around. Do some searches and keep an eye out for new posts. You will most likely find the answer to your questions (if not right away, eventually). If you're looking at parametric EQ's do a search for "Sontec". You've found perhaps the greatest resource for Pro Audio DIY! The guys here are great.

the Meta has tons of projects (look @ the top of the page) if you scan thru it looking for titles, also Kev's section of the site has projects listed under each category, but i forget the exact link.

Plus you can check these out-

http://recording.org/users/kev/
and

http://www.gyraf.dk/

I need to learn to make a URL
maybe I need to turn on html

Patina
[/u]

i've been thinking about the cal-rec project lately and i think it'd be helpful to have a cal-rec meta here too, like the other G projects.. especially since it's such a popular project. plus, metas rule! if i'm not careful i can burn several hours at a time reading about all the dfferent projects in the meta threads. so much educational info..

btw, i always thought the cal-rec so often seen around here was simply an eq, is there a pcb out there that has a mic pre built in as well?
thanks, -scott

[quote author="gang of elk"]
btw, i always thought the cal-rec so often seen around here was simply an eq, is there a pcb out there that has a mic pre built in as well?
thanks, -scott[/quote]

You're right! I never looked into that project. I always assumed it had a mic pre too. That's probably the one project I never looked into around here. If I hadn't gotten involved in this 1081 build, I probably would have looked into it further. Sorry for the mis-info! :guinness:

Jakob has pointed out on his pages that the PCB only concentrates on the EQ section of the channel strip
The original channel strip did have a mic pre on it..
I quote from his page (which should be burned into memory I have looked at it so many times)
No doubt that some of you would have liked the Micamp and all, but these imply quite a few not-so-easy-to-get components.

Latest posts

Back