remote controlled mic stand

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

not really audio topic, but related:

i designed this gadget a few years ago and it is probably one my favorite things in the studio. i was recording a girl group with varying heights, and i was changing the stand 50 times a day (and i hate changing the stand), so i looked into ways of doing it and this was my first prototype. there are a few other cooler versions with a newer motor and controls, and newer functionality for programming the movement, but i don't have any pics of those few that i made and sold. you will get the idea though with these pics. if interested i'll point you in the direction for the parts(not cheap).

i found that for my purposes, precision motors with pc programming capability were the slickest. there are cheaper ways to brute force something up and down, but i wanted complete control of acceleration, deceleration, accurate movement in steps. this version has 300mm travel, with 16 stops along the way which is approx 1/2 inch incriments. i made a newer version that you just press up or down, and it travels about 1/2 inch for every button push

check it out(i cant get the "image" code to work for me)

http://carterdemo.com/micremote1.jpg
http://carterdemo.com/remote.jpg

I recorded a drum kit a long time ago that had a mount inside the kick drum that was remote controlled like that and it was a great thing, allowed you to use to solid heads with a mic inside. Something like this would be great for finding the right spot on a speaker without having to play the sing language game with your intern...

dave

i designed a 2 axis for guitar cabinets, put it anywhere you want on the speaker. repeatable. it costs too much to make it worth it though.

No way man!!!!!!

I'm just doing a business plan with a group on my degree for a product just like this. Of course its fictional but I thought it would be a sweet idea.

I only found one commercially available on the web - The Chapman I think.

This is really cool - strange coincidence!!

Cheers Tom :guinness: :sam:

[quote author="Scenaria"]umm...

why not throw on a pair of cans and just move the mic?[/quote]

...wot...

..Inside a double-skinned kick drum...?

:shock:

Keef :green:

Latest posts

Back