Just been given a Behringer Magician...... any Mods ???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

'Allo Chaps,

One of my mates, just called to the house, and gave me a Behringer Magician.
First time i've seen one of these, and was wondering, does anyone have any mods for these ?

basically, i'm willing to rip it to bits, and hopefully get it to sound better.
I've put signal through it, and when set to warm - it gives a bit of mid scoop / treble boost, O.K.ish

I was thinking adding Iron etc,

Any Info is much appreciated - Schematic would be nice !

Best Regards

Steve :thumb:

Download the manual from here
http://www.behringer.com/T1950/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Dinky little meters....

From the manual
"8 selected 12AX7 tubes"
mmhh - well that is true - they were selected from the box they came in how else would you get them out of it.

4580 opamps

There is a block diagram of the "tube stage"

Someone said all B***** gear uses toroids, too..?

A few years back I was a tech at a college, where they had plenty B********r. One of there compressors went belly up. I opened it up & worked out the mains transformer had blown. It was not a torroidal. The case had the fittings for a torroid but it had a regular E & I transformer. I contacted B & they said they could supply one but it was a bit expensive so I asked for the spec so I could source it locally. Any how the bottom line was for the VA rating they quoted it would have been impossible to fit an E & I transformer in the box with the VA rating they specified, It ould have been too big. You could have got a torroidal with that rating in there, like what was originally supplied before they changed to E & I.

So draw your own conclusions !!

Latest posts

Back