500 series modular API style console...625CR Control Room Module Done Page 21!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonycamp said:
havent been here in a while, amazing progress Jeff! the spec sheet is awesome! when this becomes available, it will be my first and last "real deal" console! It will also be my last refi on my house...i mean it! I gotta just keep steadily building vp's and lc's until this thing is done so i can filler up ::) Are you going to offer CAPIAC?(classic audio products of Illinois audio credit ;D)

speaking of steadily building VPs... are there any plans for a mic pre model specific to this console setup?  I could see building a bunch of vp26 w/o the tpad since we'll have faders. 

gunpoint recording said:
speaking of steadily building VPs... are there any plans for a mic pre model specific to this console setup?  I could see building a bunch of vp26 w/o the tpad since we'll have faders.
No, nothing specific or different preamp wise for the console. Any 500 or 51x series preamp can be used.

jeff how did you decide on the R values for your dim switch?  am i correct that you are using a 2 pole 6 position switch with 4 Rs on each side totaling about 24k?

Adam, yes it's a 2x6 switch. I am using 4 positions so 5 R's cuz it is never "off". Mine is sandwiched nicely between some Burr Brown chips. This is what I use:

7k5 (-15)
845R (-20)
442R (-25)
249R (-30)
300R

Nothing earth shattering as of late. I am so busy with the store and related things that I have not had a lot of time for the console project. I did put together the full BOM and pricing for the 625 Control Room module though. Those kits will street for $499.70. That is 100% including the Elma, all bits, parts and components including the proprietary backplane and all Molex headers. That took me a full and solid day just to organize. When I have a 2-3 day stretch with nothing else weighing me down, I will get the next input channel boards done.

jsteiger said:
Nothing earth shattering as of late. I am so busy with the store and related things that I have not had a lot of time for the console project. I did put together the full BOM and pricing for the 625 Control Room module though. Those kits will street for $499.70. That is 100% including the Elma, all bits, parts and components including the proprietary backplane and all Molex headers. That took me a full and solid day just to organize. When I have a 2-3 day stretch with nothing else weighing me down, I will get the next input channel boards done.
Honestly this is one of the most sought after projects in the works on this forum as far as im concerned. Don't give up!

jsteiger said:
Consider one sold! I've been checking out the new purple 500 series console that is about to hit the market (which looks really cool and somewhat affordable), but I'd much rather build one yours.

Too cool Jeff, read the entire thread.

Keep up the great work... in the meantime i'll keep building your pre's which will one day sit inside this console!

kante1603 said:
Hello Jeff,

hope you're fine.
May I ask if there are any news on the 625CR module?

Best regards,

Udo.
It is 100% done and has been for a long time now. I haven't had the time to add another big kit to the store though. I have had a number of folks ask me for it so I need to make time to get it listed for purchase.

jsteiger said:
It is 100% done and has been for a long time now. I haven't had the time to add another big kit to the store though. I have had a number of folks ask me for it so I need to make time to get it listed for purchase.
Thanks for the quick reply Jeff,

Udo.

Slow. The store has been crazy busy lately. I have also been working on a semi related custom project that will be released shortly. I expect to have the first 2 demo units built and test over the next few weeks. Once that is done, I will be back on the console project full force.

I have completely rethought the entire concept over the last months and am very excited about it. It will still overall be everything that I have been talking about in this thread but with some very cool, new, unique and proprietary things. I have also decided I will not be leaking out details until I have something done that I can show.

Do you do the Mono in the 625CR, or does it switch to a mono bus? In the block diagrams it seems like the summing to mono is done elsewhere.
Mostly wondering if this is a stand alone control room monitor, or only works as part of the console.
Also, do I understand correctly the "L" puts left in the 2 bus, "R" puts the right in the 2 bus, and "Rphi" flips the phase of the right?
How does talkback control the dim?

dmp said:
Do you do the Mono in the 625CR, or does it switch to a mono bus? In the block diagrams it seems like the summing to mono is done elsewhere.
Mono summing is done inside the 625CR module.

Mostly wondering if this is a stand alone control room monitor, or only works as part of the console.
It can be used as a standalone module. The only drawback may be the physical properties. 3" wide X 5.25" tall with a vertical faceplate orientation.

Also, do I understand correctly the "L" puts left in the 2 bus, "R" puts the right in the 2 bus, and "Rphi" flips the phase of the right?
These are only on/off for the control room output, nothing to do with the 2-mix bus.

How does talkback control the dim?
Simply making a connection to logic ground on either the Solo or Dim pins will activate these functions.

Back