500 series modular API style console...625CR Control Room Module Done Page 21!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dmp said:
Mono summing is done inside the 625CR module.
How is the summing to mono done?
It is very simple and nothing new really. I use 3 active stages in the 625CR. The mono summing is simply combining the outputs of the first stage opamps thru 330 ohm precision R's and then into the inverting inputs of the 2nd stage opamps. The DIM resistor array is just before the mono summing R's.

The L/R on-off and stepped level control are handled between stages 2 and 3.

Speaker select D is a single speaker mono output, so a completely different function than the above mentioned mono summing. For this, I take the output of both balanced line drivers and combine them thru 1k precision R's.

FWIW, I am very proud of this module. It is totally bad azz.  ;)

Yes, this is awesome! Nice work.
As to the size, for a standalone I can see combining it in a 3U rack with meters and a talkback controller.

dmp said:
As to the size, for a standalone I can see combining it in a 3U rack with meters and a talkback controller.
Yes, this is exactly one of the options I will have available.....one day.

They are interlocked but can be pressed simultaneously (pseudo all buttons in!). I am also sure the switchbank could be modified so that D switch was independent and latching. I have not taken one apart but I think Hairball Mike has. They are the same make as what he supplies with his 1176 kits.

Jeff,

You must be busy with the store/business! Can't wait to see more news from you on this.

Chris

Yes the store keeps me very busy. I have not worked on this in ages. It is fully on the back burner right now.

fazeka said:
Honestly, I have not worked on it in ages. I have been way too preoccupied with normal store duties, especially the last few months. Plus we are prepping to move to Nashville next spring.

I may abandon the idea since Paul Wolff is on task with his FIX console.  8)
http://www.fixaudiodesigns.com

Attachments

• versions.jpg
    versions.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 105
I belive a 500 series modular console is the way to go in these hybrid mixing times...
There´s gonna be more of them out there... but we want the 625CR!! :) :) :)
...hope you find the time Jeff.

fragletrollet said:
update...?  8)
Its the same as my last post a few up from here. I have a 32x4 summing mixer proto floating around town that I will likely bring to market before an actual console. I simply don't have enough hours in the day or days in the week.....

jsteiger said:
Its the same as my last post a few up from here. I have a 32x4 summing mixer proto floating around town that I will likely bring to market before an actual console. I simply don't have enough hours in the day or days in the week.....

Oh my god i would be SO down for this!!

Already drawing up making a large hybrid system using your 11slot 500 buckets.

This would be very cool.

Back