to the person who sold my guitar player a space echo

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

why did you let a cat pee on it and then never clean it.  I swear it's like 10 plus years of never cleaning off pee mixed with  lying around a closed space. It smells, it smells bad, it smells extremely awful and has made me sick to my stomach. I am almost at the point wherwe I wanna say fuck it go let someone else service it... but I will venture forward vomit be dammed.  :mad:

its 5 o'clock here?

bleach, no try spraying on some ammonia...NO.
vinegar...lemon juice? baking soda.

is it 5 o'clock yet?

well sick to my stomach,  even while wearing a breathing mask such as used in construction,  I have finished getting this unit up and working like a champ. It could use a new tape but other then that it works perfectly.

Any sort of cleaning on it just made it smell like cat pee and cleaning product which was not a good combo.

You sure it's cat pee? It might be Stray Cat pee. I hear Brian Setzer likes to get pissed and hang one into a space echo every now and then.  ;D

;D

Seriously though, use acetone.  Make sure you get that piss off 100%.  I used to see what happened to circuits I designed in sewer robots whose seals leaked.  Man that stuff ate the copper right off the boards.

http://www.google.com/m/products/desc?client=safari&hl=en&oe=UTF-8&source=search&q=just+for+cats&channel=products&cid=10115259667938538022

I thought they all smell like that. Mine does at least and some of my buddies Spaceechoes do it, too. It might come frome a decade of sitting somewhere in the corner of a barn because at that time 12 Bit delays were thought to be the best. ;D

Go get a new tape. I bet the problem is that the breakdown products of the old tape smell like cat pee.

While the tape is off the machine, do the vinegar treatment on everything. Except the tape, which you should throw away.

Peace,
Paul

As an owner of two stupid cats, take my word for it: acidic products won't work. Neutralizing the alkaline won't kill the smell. Go to any pet store and ask them for an enzyme based urine cleaner. Just For Cats is a national brand name but there are others. A stronger version of this is what's used to clean up after rotting corpses.

interesting thought on break down of tape but no the foul stench of ammonia filled the air. It reminded me of my friend and his wife's house. They have a very old cat who can't always make the litter box now days. It was strong smell like their house sometimes

If not the tape, remove and sniff the pinch roller and any belts the thing might have. The fact that more than one person's SpaceEcho smells like cat pee suggests to me that it's not really cat pee.

Peace,
Paul

well I have no real intention on finding out.  It made me sick working on it. I would hate to think what would happen if I actually went looking for the source as to why it stinks?

Latest posts

Back