Tubetech smc2b multiband compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackreflect

Is there anybody out there who can help me find the tubetech smc2b multiband compressor schematic? I asked tubetech themselves but they won't give them. Thanks!

it is to study, I want to make a choice between the smc2b and the drawmer s3. As I am a technician myself I am very interested to see how they build their valve compressor setup.

I opened one up the other month it is an optical compressor using vactrols.  
They use Lundhall input transformers & I couldn't identify the encpasulated output transformers.  

4 valves per channel.  I'm with Keith in that there seem to be a lot of solid state parts round the vactrols, making it look like a solidstate circuit wraped in valves.  

But I would be surprised if the Drawmer wasn't the same.
*** However a look at the Drawmner blurb they do say it has 20 active valve stages so maybe it is all valve ***

It has quite a nice quality to what it can do to the bass end.

SSLtech said:
Yep.

We just installed 3 of them; they're not tube compressors.

They're "tube-dignified" solid-state compressors from what I can tell.

Keith

Keith - I had the lid off one whilst doing a studio install (tea break!) and a quick scan over the innards looked to me like the signal path was indeed valve based and all the semis were to do with psu, side chain and metering duties!?!
Only one way to find out - (well - 2 actually - but i ain't got a few grand doin' not'in!) - will somebody --------- anybody find meeeee - a schematic to look!!!
;D - sorry - just heard Queen on the radio!

Back