69. Not Helios/Phaeton. Pics/schematics/building support thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Igor posted today in his main white market thread:

Finalizing the LO switch solution, very soon. Switches are here.
Arround Feb 20th will have switch wafers in qty 100...finally!!!

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=29771.1000

Igor has been waiting for these switch parts for a while... plus he has a LOT of awesome projects on the go, as well as life and work outside of this forum... so we need to be patient. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Hi Igor

As I just received the case from Dan ddt I am now working a lot on my unit. I hav a bug in both modules in the LO section (not in the lo-cut, just the other part) and am now trying to trace with a signal and an oscilloscope. I am not very experienced with such procedures and I just found that the most important information is not there on both pictures linked in your first post of this thread:

69_ver1_2_pcb_top_1.png
69_ver1_2_pcb_btm_1.png

The traces are missing,  just the parts are there. It would be an enormous help for me to have these upgraded, as the pcb itself is quite dark and due to the nature of two pcb's stacked even more difficult to match what is actually going on on the board with what is on the diagram. I would be extremely thankful if you could upload either 2 additional pictures or upgrades of the ones that are already there.

All the best, and I am so much looking forward to get this module in the rack!
Glazunost

Is there someone out there with bare pcb's who could take 5 minutes and make photos of each and upload them somewhere? I am really desperately in need of this information, see post above. it would be really helpful

best
g

Hi Igor !!

Have you got the switches to solve the BASS PROBLEM ???
Let us Know, PLEASE !!

Regards

Igor said:
Hi Christian, saw this post, now it is 4 at morning here, I will post it tomorrow

Hi Igor, did you forget to upload the gerber files?

thanx in advance 
glazunost

i mean, if you still have two empty pcb's lying around, just two photos of those pcb's from both sides would very well do the trick for me.

thanx

I hope not... Igor said on his white market thread that once he's moved operations to his web-shop he hopes to have time to fix this issue.

So I'm still holding out hope, but we'll see.

There's always the option of fixing it ourselves - this IS diy after all :p. Obviously it's easier if Igor fixes it for us.

glazunost said:
Guys, let's face it, this project sure is abandoned.

Very sad, it looked so good...

But are you saying ...??? I do not think even half serious. I no know the reality of the situation. I also want to finish my unit, but be patient. As I have understood, Igor is expected to solve the problem with another type of rotary switch and waiting arriving the wafers ... I think so. Sometimes things take time, much more than we would like, but this is DIY and patience and know how to wait is the first thumb rule.

This is DIY and this is a forum so why should only one busy guy solve this problem. Describe exactly what the problem is so we all can think of a solution. I've also put this project on hold waiting for the solution. Yes I'm lazy too. Maybe it's time to form a team on this one too. I think we have solved bigger problems in this forum than some switch issue.

reanimatorstudio said:
... Describe exactly what the problem is so we all can think of a solution...

i described the problem as "exactly" as i can nine months ago. ;D
go ahead everybody, build it. the ba283 amp stage is worth it alone!
cheers, alex

p.s. i´m shure igor will tune in...

i would be extremely grateful if some guys of you owning pcbs which are not yet stuffed with the parts could just do a picture of both sides and upload it somewhere.

that's what i am looking for the most for the moment

i described the problem as "exactly" as i can nine months ago. Grin

No, you didn't.
Nobody explained the technical problem so far. What should that switch do or not do?
Can we modify a Lorlin or another switch ourselves?

I know we have the schematic and I can see the problem too. But I mean a print of that part of PCB layout could help us find a solution.
We could do something with a relais controlled by a light sensitive circuit. An LDR can do more than only compress your audio.  :)  The light could be controlled by the custom knob on the front panel. Or we could use a "magnetism sensitive switch" and a modified knob containing a magnet. Or some micro switch. ....

What exactly is missing in our schamatic compared to this one :
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=36243.msg445091#msg445091

http://www.tme.eu/html/EN/miniature-pcb-rotary-switches/ramka_1413_EN_pelny.html

I don't think that posting specs of some switches will bring anything anywhere further. Igor now is just too successful, check his facebook. It does not surprise me at all, this man got skills. And in the future he will probably always have many better things to do than maintain this little project. It's a known pattern and happens often. We just have to live with it.

g

Back