Shep SN-8 ( Neve 1073 Type) Guts pics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Chaps,
Here's some pics of a mate's Shep SN-8 ( Neve 1073 type) Channels that I recapped and repaired, BTW, the BC184L, is not pin compatible with the BC184C !! as I found out...... ::)
Enjoy,
Image089.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6068.jpg

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

Steve ;)

Can you post a pic of the Shemp card?  Isn't that a TLO72 on the other side of the PCB?
He did improve the interface.  They used started-out as hard-wired in the module.  Bodge city.
Mike

Mike,

What do you mean 'bodge' - I take it you mean thrown together ? - I'd say absolutely not.
As I said earlier, the card with the TL opamp, is just for the HPF's, nothing else.
Apart from that card, its a Neve 1073, same cards, same switches, same pots, same iron, even same case !

There are some pics with the new caps in, but I didn't fully document all the cap changes with pics...... I know what a new cap looks like  ;)

Whats the beef ? got out of bed on the wrong side ?  ;)

Steve
:)

Think 'bodge is a bit excessive. I've heard his shop is very  "at home"... which i really don't care about.
I also heard his turnaround time is slow. Other than that, the guy is a Neve rat.

It's just that the guy is a total hack, and blown away by what members do here.  They might not be doing production runs, but the attention to detail here is beyond anything done by the aforementioned.
Why bother building a Neve module only to run the EQ path through a TLO72?  It makes no sense.  The guy couldn't put 2/3 of a BA284 in there?  Too much work.
His 3 to 4 band conversions are an even bigger joke (ribbon-cabled TLO74 board), and his refurbs are a complete mess.  I was involved in an 80-series refurb in Cambs that was removed from his shop.  The project supervisor kept one of his prototype modules as an example of what we were NOT to do anywhere in our work.
Your re-cap pics in flkr look great though!
Mike

Back