60's Siemens 8 channel console, Help!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffmeister

Hi all. Please can anyone point me in the right direction getting history/info and possibly schematics on this console/ it's modules?

A friend of mine aquired it some time ago as a "project" for the future.
It's 8 into 2, preamps and eq on each input and eqs on outputs with what looks like an "after-market" monitor send or auxilliary module (??) and talkback.

Sorry about the pics, will resize and upload tomorrow.

dsc00075hc.jpg

dsc00073dk.jpg

dsc00055uy.jpg

dsc00058os.jpg

dsc00059bb.jpg

dsc00060nt.jpg

dsc00061o.jpg

dsc00062u.jpg

dsc00063yv.jpg

Can't find anything on Kubi's wonderful site and so far, web searches have proven fruitless...
Sorry about the "foggy" quality, they're taken on my indestructable K750i... real top-end stuff!.. ;D  Any info much appreciated!!

Siemens built a lot of these desks in my hometown. That was before my birth in the 60s. In the meantime they changed to cellphones and nuclear powerplants. I bet  nobody has any clue about this old stuff. It´s 40+ years ago. Noone from that time works there anymore.
Anyway, I don´t want to discourage you. It´s still worth a try.
But It´s more likely to succeed at broadcasters or their suppliers who had these desk up and running til 90s.

pucho812 said:
well is there something wrong with it? is it missing a PSU or something. Looks to be complete to me.   have you tried asking simens?

+1, have you tested it? These are quite simple, I have a very large version of it. What kind of in and output connectors does it have? Is there a large 24V PSU included?

echorec and pucho812 , Haven't tried powering it up yet,  No psu, not even sure of the last time it was powered, condition of caps, etc... what current rating is your psu? Connections all large tuchel.

jensenmann, wow, didn't realise these were in use so recently in broadcast, thanks for the heads-up!

warpie - yes, taken a while ago... ;)

Cheers fellas  ;D

The smaller model looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Telefunken-24V-DC-Power-Supply-f.-V672-V676a-W695-V376_W0QQitemZ260566385434QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100313?IMSfp=TL100313134009r21690#ht_2506wt_1167

Thanks guys, the sidecar is a small 8014 but it has now been replaced with a BCM-10 and the MCI has been replaced with a Studer. The picture is a couple of years old.

Latest posts

Back