opening a beyerdynamic M260-N body?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantlack

so i've got a fairly new M260 that is giving me no output whatsoever no matter how much gain i throw at it, bought it for cheap as a mod/fix.  i did the easy work and opened the headbasket to find, to my surprise, what looks like an intact ribbon (figured that was the obvious culprit).  so now it's time to go fishing in mic guts.  problem being: these things are sealed up like fort knox!  no screws to be found anywhere on the body.  are these things epoxy bonded or something?!  haven't found any info on the webnets, so insights are appreciated in advance.

Hi,
I open one recently (I had it VERY cheap, but without a ribbon inside!). There are some mini-mini screws on the basket ring (3). leave them out but before that you'll have to free the end connector (one screw if it's xlr, or you'll Have to find out by yourself if it's tuchel, as i don't have one) so the connector can slip up way. After you left the top part of the head basket, turn the ribbon assembly clockwise, holding it at its base, as the motor and all the guts are all together in one part screwed in the metal body.
One problem on mine was that one of the tiny wires from transformer to connector was broken at the transfo end. take care of these, they're very fragile.
Good luck.

Laurent.

my trouble is with loosening the end connector, which is xlr.  mine is a newer revision (260.80) and unless it's hidden under the sticker around the bottom ring there's no screw to be found.  i tried to start lifting the sticker, but it's too flimsy to come in one piece so i figured i'd let it alone unless it had to be removed.  the ribbon assembly does turn a bit, but without freeing up the connector end of the housing i didn't test it further.  i'll post some pics once i find my camera, it's buried somewhere under clothes and boxes of random audio crap  ;).

I see this old post maybe you sorted by ....but I the screw is under the sticker or resin and the outer body is glued to the inner body ....my old m260 twisted apart....I wedged some thin paper  in when i re assembled it instead of glueing....best of luck

Latest posts

Back