GSSL Born March 2010! Pics :-)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aljam

Hello to all in the forum and thanks for your support in getting my first GSSL up and running. I took on this project from a previous member who purchased all the parts and stuffed both pcb's. My challenge was more in troubleshooting that abandoned job! Well after jumping a few badly overheated traces, replacing a couple of wrong value resistors I finally got it to pass audio. Most of all I want to thank Keith AKA "SSL Tech" for taking the time to return my phone call and getting me through the final stage here. It's not perfect yet but I love what it does on one of my 24bit Masters with light compression, really brings out the low end & drums nicely. Glues everything together just like I expected. I really prefer it over my UAD plug-ins. Nothing like having the real thing. I think my next build will be the G9 however I will be doing it from the ground up this time ;D

This unit features the Expat Audio Turbo Board, CRC Board, ground lift switch & VU meter board. I highly recommend the Turbo, the difference is day & night on the sound. I don't really know why I put a switch on it since I will always have it on ::)

I also installed two 4PST switches on the L/R channels for a passive bypass so I can A/B the audio in real time. Works great!

Thanks to all,

Aljam

GSSL4000004.jpg

GSSL4000005.jpg

GSSL4000003.jpg

GSSL4000002.jpg

GSSL4000001.jpg

many compliments!!! gooddd!!! i am starting to biuld one for me! can you write me where you purchase front panel, turbo,vu meter mode, and the major components please. thank you.

Absolutely it's a great feeling when you figure things out and have that "Aha" moment. That's the beauty of the learning process in DIY. Lot's of fun indeed!

Peace

Back