Mnats 1176 rev J board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telefunk

Hi!

This is my first real DIY-project (just done some racking projects before) and I need a bit help with the BOM.

I´m going to use OEP´s in Inputs and outputs and follow the mnats BOM. But whats the deal with 600ohm T-pot attenuator? is it needed for the basic rev J  board or is it only for rev F boards?

Help!

hi telefunk,
you seem to be new here so let me offer a few tips:
search the buy thread for the Rev J boards links: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33604.0
this will lead you to mako's G1176 page which you can read through and get the info you need on the Rev. J boards.  i have not build the Rev. J version (only the D, H and soon an A).  IIRC the mnats Rev. J board is just a layout rework with slight mods of the Gyraf G1176 and does not use the T-attenuator.  the Rev. F however can use both an input pot or T-attenuator depending on your input circuit (IC or transformer).

since this will be your first "real DIY project" (a fine choice BTW), read through all the available G1176 threads  and be sure to post in those threads to keep all the info within a source thread. please read through the mnats website before starting and organize that information for yourself.  mako has gone through great lengths to make sure people have the information to make building an 1176 circuit with his PCBs very easy and with the best chance of success.

good luck with your build and happy soldering!
kind regards,
grant

Latest posts

Back