Siemens 275 vs 275/01

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonwerker

Hello Gents,
i shot a 275/01 at Ebay and now i recognize a "slight" difference between
the 275 Schematic and the PCB of the 275/01. Someone who´s got an idea where to find a 275/01 schemo?

Thanks
stefan

Hi Stefan, As long as I know the 275/x are IC based, not discrete design as the 275s...

I think you must be aware of this.

Best Regards,

Synthi

Hi Synthi,

Do you know if every model with the the "/" like V275/b etc is IC-based? I have a siemens mixer with V275/0 amps (with 741 op-amps) and I´d like to replace those with the discrete version. I guess the original V275 is what I should look for? Are they pin-compatible and direct swappable with the IC-versions?

Hi Stefan, not sure about the /b /c/ etc.. but I know for sure about the 275/0... Also some other telefunken/siemens/tab modules with /x are ic based but not all of them.

I have a pair of V275s and those are discrete units, go for those.

I have the 275 schemos but don`t know about the 275/0s may be silent:arts is your last hope!

Best Regards,

Synthi.

Thanks Rafa,

I think would be great if you could send the schemo to kubi for his german schematics web.

Best Regards,

Synthi

The 275/01 is absolutly not IC based. I can add a photo later this day.
Rafa: if you like to send me a schemo to - would be great.
Thanks guys!

[quote author="tonwerker"]The 275/01 is absolutly not IC based. I can add a photo later this day.
Rafa: if you like to send me a schemo to - would be great.
Thanks guys![/quote]

I thouht mine was discreet also when I got them, but after receiving the schem, I looked closer to those metal cans and there it was.... lots of legs. Those are opamps, not transistors.

I´ll scan the schem.

Thanks Rafa!
I tought till now that the "metalcans" just Transistors?!
They have just 3 legs. Are they denoted as V(x) on your ones?

I think the 275/01 is discrete and the 275/0 is 741-based.

Does anyone know about the /b or /c models or which models are compatible/direct swappable?

Now that I know, that my 4x275/01 are totally discrete I really got to think about a use for these modules.

I'm kind of turned off by the fact that they only have these 8 unsymm. (!) inputs.

But do you have any suggestions for these, besides building a summing device ?

greets
Ray

RayBlack said:
Now that I know, that my 4x275/01 are totally discrete I really got to think about a use for these modules.

I'm kind of turned off by the fact that they only have these 8 unsymm. (!) inputs.

But do you have any suggestions for these, besides building a summing device ?

greets
Ray
They have balanced in /out.  With coupling resistors  (1,2K - 4,7K ) you can buss  30 Channels .

You can use them as line preamp also. They sound great. !  +24dBm. Put an pot 10k between pin 10,12 and a resistor 2,4k between pin 14,16.

cheers

Wait a minute, wasn't the 275 the time when Siemens made a grab for something
opamp-ish like "dickschicht-something?" I remember reading about it that they were
going from transistors to opamps and there was this funny in-between thing that
wasn't exactly too nice...

So what's the Truth ?

Different claims here...

which is discrete and which is not?! Please some one make it clear once and for all....

As i understand :

v275 - discrete, unbalanced
v275a - discrete , balanced
v275/0 - 741-op-amp version non-discrete
v275/01 - dickfilmchip / discrete ?
v275/1 - non-discrete?

also could somebody elaborate on the differences technically and whether that makes a difference in sound??

Any info appreciated, thanks!

Livingnote:

I'm not sure but I think this 'in between' stuff was a small PCB with SMDs on it dipped in plastic. Think of itas a SMD version of an API OP. I know this is the way it is on the newer ANT pres. Everybody bash them for having ICs but its just SMD transistors on a PCB dipped in plastic, like The Neumann OAs but without a sexy metal can, and honestly, what's so wrong with ICs? A Harrison or SSL schematic will tell you ICs are OK, its all about the circuit design.

S

thanks synthiaks/livingnote....feel like i'm more confused than before...once again :p...but that doesn't have to be a bad thing :D :D ... which one are you reffering to anyway? /0 , /01  or /1  ?

I don't know in what models the 'plastic dip' ICs are (ANT V672D is one) but all i can say is that they are as discrete as SMDs generally are. They are easy to spot as a small PCB with legs dipped in some plastic sitting somewhere on the main PCB. It will be referred to as an IC on the schematic. The only BUT is the repair... They will be impossible and hard to clone IF they fry.

But as said, what is the problem with ICs anyway? They are 'quite' hard to avoid and at some point the material you record will run through one or two (if it is an SSL or a Harrison the number might be 35...) And if they are a part of a well implemented circuit i hardly think they will make the sound worse. But there will always be this guy with a LINN setup and 3000$ twisted platinum speaker cables telling you differently.

Hi friends.
I need the schemstics of Siemens V275/01.
I have the schemes of V275 and V275/0, but is impossible to find the V275/01  true schematics.

I've two units of V275/01 and I need check it and repair.
I wonder if somebody have the correct scheme for this units.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back