Humorous studio quotes that made me laugh

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Does the noise in my head bother you?"— Highly caffenated engineer up for 36 hours.

The other one about "girthy but bangable" is also a good one.

Awesome!

I like the one from Frank Zappa, and I love the last one...

"The French don't have a word for entrepreneur" - George W. Bush

My favorite:

"I'm ahead of my time — unfortunately, only by about ten minutes." —Elias Sorianao (lead singer, Nonpoint)

Peace,
Paul

That page makes the rest of my computer seem like it has it's brights on  :eek:

ju

"I just want the vibe of the strings to be on the tape." – unknown producer after telling the
engineer to erase the string tracks he just spent the entire day recording

ive had producers record a track to have accompanyists play to that rythm only to erase the rythm only for the vibe it gave the overdub. a lot of work for negligable gain.

amorris  wrote:

ive had producers record a track to have accompanyists play to that rythm only to erase the rythm only for the vibe it gave the overdub.
  a lot of work for negligable gain.

ain't that called a click track?

I was regularly asked to record bass (with drummer and click) for "vibe". Then rhythm guitar would be recorded over this, and only after that a "proper" bass would be recorded. This used to be a Pretty Standard Procedure in my part of the world, but a total waste of time (IMO) - at least two sessions with a bassist, depending on how big a project was.

I still use similar approach with DAW, I record a sketch bass, followed with a guitar part, and after that, a "proper" bass. Because bass "makes or brakes" a track.

But this is so OT. Lets stay on topic and talk about caffeinated engineers versus stoned/flaky musicians.

Latest posts

Back