Curious about Neve Clone's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chandler makes a clone of both. averill makes a clone of the 1073 along with vintech, phoenix, shep, and probably a long list of others Im not trying to think of.

I have a vintech x73i. Its worth what is sells for in the fact that it is a usable amplifier with sort of a usable EQ that sorta sounds ok. But it sure as shit doesnt sound like a 1073, thats for sure.

Its probably better to look at these things in their own light as opposed to clones of a given circuit as you are bound to be disappointed one way or another if you bring 1073 expectations to these things. The vintech is cool but you'll hate it if you want a 1073, but its still cool as its own thing. Ive used the chandler 2254 and I have a real one and they dont sound alike at all or behave the same really. thats not to say the chandler didnt sound good though.

dave

I would really like to find something I can build, I'm not too savvy with making pcb's, but I don't know if anyone offers them. :grin:

There's the Seventh Circle Audio kits/clones also.
Rupert is still at it by the way. Here is one of his latest designs:

masterpiece_1.jpg

I know that something good is cooking in the Lab kitchen about 1073, so sorry for bringing this topic to life ...

Does anyone know something about this Swedish clone?

http://www.vintagedesign.se/en06/enframe2.htm

regards

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]I'm sure Tekay will chime in on this thread after all vintage design is his company !![/quote]

...and he makes very nice gear!

Latest posts

Back