West-Coast US guys... stolen items

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSLtech

-From David Kulka's shop.

David's a 100% stand-up fellow, who stocks parts for the DIY-er, and DELIVERS. You can always count on David, and his uncle was also a legendary part of the L.A. recording community.

Some items were recently stolen from his shop, and they're DIY-related, so somebody may try to flog stuff here.

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/31079/2172/

I'd like to make it clear that -so far as I'm concerned- theft is a banning/hanging offence... PLEASE don't encourage thieves by buying anything which you suspect might be from this list of items which you may be offered; instead please inform either David or the appropriate authorities.

Many thanks.

Keith (speaking on behalf of all the DIY community)

Neither do I. I mean - like breaking into a vintage and high-level audio parts supply? That's almost classy.

Hope they get him. Iron and T4B panels, that hurts.

This makes me angry.
The worst circles of hell are reserved for DIY gear thieves (& kiddy fiddlers who dress up as bishops)

okgb said:
perhaps this sticky should stay as a general
stolen items list / Alert

Should said sticky (also) be in the black market? That's where the stuff would potentially be offered.

That's a bummer and just NOT right !!

The problem is, do we know where anything for sale in small ads or on Ebay comes from ???

Answer often is NO

:mad:

MartyMart said:
That's a bummer and just NOT right !!

The problem is, do we know where anything for sale in small ads or on Ebay comes from ???

Answer often is NO

:mad:

I tend do do a fair amount of digging into the bonafides of the seller. Many times I've gotten a great deal because the seller listed in such a way as to look like a thief/scammer, but I found them to have a solid industry background so I made the purchase. People tend to do things like recycle a portion of their email address as their eBay handle, which is useful when trying to find their true identity.

This is an odd theft and seems personal. Most of the folks who would be the market for the MTM are going to know about this theft. If it's a random theft, then I think it all ended up in a pawn shop for $20, as I don't see them comprehending what they had. It would be truly unfortunate to have the stuff end up in the hands of some looser who doesn't know MTM from Behringer  :mad:

Seems like they knew what they were looking for. I doubt it will be offered for sale. It is more like stolen to order. But still watch out.

David Kulka is a really stand up guy. And also is a member here. And even tho having a business fixing old audio equipment. Often posts here to help people. And has helped me as well. Keep your eyes out on ebay and Craigslist the world over. Maybe someone can nail this person who robbed his shop.

John

I'm not sure if David ever managed to recover anything, but I hope so...

Anyhow, I'm sure it's been disposed/dispersed by now (2 months later) so I'll un-sticky it.

Keep your eyes open though fellas!

Keith

Latest posts

Back