Aurycle mic kit for G7

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

Hi All

Has anyone built this kit? If so would it work with G7 Boards?  http://www.diymic.com/

JamesW

Last time I checked, it was out of stock.  Their site has been down for several days now.

;D

As long as i remember, it will not fit, too short and too thin, i asked on guy in a French forum, so it's from his measures, something like 114mm with the transformer box, plus about 10mm if no box, and 40mm diametre inside, something like that, i don't remember the G7 PCB size tough, but i think it's too tight

the G7 PCB is 120 mm x 42 mm.
fits nice into a 50x1mm brass tube
especially because of the horizontal mounted tubesocket pcb you´ll need something about 50mm diameter

leadbreath said:
i actuall have one in my mic cupboard just waiyting to be built, if u could give me the size of pcb u intend to use, i can check for u tommorow.

Thanks Leadbreath that would be great

hi guys,

dimensions for mic pcb bracket are 100mm x 35mm.
so it looks like its way too small for the gyraf pcb. u could always build ur own pcb to fit, its a pretty simple circuit.u will need to change the transformers and capsule which r mounted on the kit body which might need a bit of modding.

hope this helps

mick

Why don't you build the g7 circuit using the kits PCB?  You will need to change the tube socket wiring and maybe a few things.

for the money it seems like a great deal.you get a mic housing a power supply and case and a 7 pin xlr cable. the capsule must be poor quality but can be upgraded. then you have a capsule to experiment with if your inclined.
if your willing to learn something( reading,research) there is plenty of info and helpful members who could advise on how to do the G7 circuit on this board. unfortunately the schematic on the web site is unreadable. maybe if one of you e-mails the seller they would send you a copy and you could post it here.

leadbreath said:
Not to say they won't do the job for you, but I did break one that looked identical to those. It came with my ADK GT-2, and the thumbscrew simply snapped. Perhaps I overtightened, but it was having problems with slipping.

Latest posts

Back