1176 Rev J Mnats CALIBRATION woes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myker

Hello, i have completed my 1176 Mnats Rev J and i am going through the calibration procedures, the Q Bias was easy enough, then I was following the procedure on Video Number 3 and when i got to the part where it says to un-shunt 22 from ground and watch the VU meter drop it never did drop. it just stays at 0. Am i missing something simple? I was searching through the pages here and googling, but havent found what i am looking for. I have found a link to download the original manual, but the link is dead.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

the calibration doesnt apply entirely to the Rev J 1176.
It was made for the Rev D.

the rev J is really simple but repetitive!

Thanks.

thank you, here is my issue with this procedure. i forgot to mention that i do not have matched FET's and until now wasnt clear on the necessity of this. im new to solid state devices. so i dont know if this meter tracking adjustment thing is going to work until i get matching FETS's.
i can get through the Q-bias adjustment just fine, but the compressor sounds on the muddy side and i cant get it to heave at all.

when i start the meter tracking i get to step 5 when i get confused: when i switch to +4 the needle drops all the way to the left. and given that on step 1 it tells me to set the output control all the way CW, i cannot turn the output control further to get the meter to read O VU. Is this a typo or something? The only way i can raise the needle at all is with the input control, but only a little bit.

are my fets just so far out of whack that i am fighting a futile struggle? i have some matched ones coming from hairball and i guess i should wait for any further testing?
thanks,
mike

Latest posts

Back