FRENCH VINTAGE TUBE VALVE AUDIO STUFF

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Cow!!!  That's awesome!!  - I'm officially drooling.  ;D

What a find - how did you come by that?  Radio/TV station?

Please give us a mini-education on these pieces.  I've often wondered about European equivalents to the older American stuff but they're hardly ever seen.  How common is this stuff over there?

Have any schematics?

Some of those tubes look like oversized 6CG7s.  Octals or 9 pins?

Congratulations!

Nice find,

what is the history on it ? this info is as cool as the tubes.

went to the BD website, those two gals can handle their axes , well.
even like the retro music style too. kinda bluesy motown rock.

thanks for sharing

The guitar player is my daughter Marie. I self produced this first albim at home.

The desk is a tube one from GIRARDIN, a company working for French National Radio until mid 80's. This model comes from a commercial radio in Paris called R.T.L. The desk comes with the big rack. every 2 U units are preamps. So 4 mics preamps + 4 line preamps. There's little modules under the desk with tubes inside. every module the littles and the bigs in the racks have 2 tubes inside : EF86 or E 80 F (it's the same E 80 F is professional version of EF86).

The preamps on my bed are BELIN or S.A.F. BELIN another french company working for French National Radio. I've 2 mics preamp with E.Q. and 4 line preamps with E.Q. Mic preamp have Beyer Transfos as input.

The D.I.Y. vintage mixer, no information. It's well done with E 80 F S.Q. Philipps inside.

The portable mono little mixer are from GIRARDIN. I've 5 of this, one is germanium.

1000068imgp.jpg
some  real LIE-BELIN slices  ...  for the ORTF  ;)

Sorry, native english reader, but i need  to  continue this conversation in french. Hello french sound geek je vois qu'il y a encore de belles pièces en France. Je suis en train de monter mon studio au fond du jardin, vous avez vu les photos, je recherche des modules complémentaires des miens si vous pouvez me contacter par mail [email protected] ou 06 99 34 28 28 que l'on discute d'éventuelles échanges, coopérations, tuyaux pour remise à niveau. Merci d'avance.

I know a place, where? Who knows, somewhere in Europe with 250 M3 of vintage stuff stored including 25 E.M.T. and a complete tube radio station located in a bunker! The radio station was created during the cold war for the army in case of nuclear attack!

There's a story people tell but i don't know if it's a legend or not (the other information is really true) about a place, a garbage stock, i don't know the term in english, in france with a lot of O.R.T.F. vintage stuff but nobody can visit because they stock old pyralene transfo too in this place, very dangerous so the authority had secured the place. France is a strange country sometimes.

Another Germanium stuff on www.wibop.com

SCHLUMBERGER CHANNELS

S.A.F. DESK.

It's not mine. All the stuffs seen before are donation and sharing from cool people understanding music and vintage fanatics like me.

THE BAD DOGS said:
There's a story people tell but i don't know if it's a legend or not (the other information is really true) about a place, a garbage stock, i don't know the term in english, in france with a lot of O.R.T.F. vintage stuff but nobody can visit because they stock old pyralene transfo too in this place, very dangerous so the authority had secured the place. France is a strange country sometimes.
I've seen a such  place where tons of fine old good stuff were scrapped ...  :mad: due to legal concerns , the rescue of anything was strictly forbidden : the former ORTF didn't want to help ANY self made "radio Caroline " guru to be ON AIR  :eek: ;)

THE BAD DOGS said:
I know a place, where? Who knows, somewhere in Europe with 250 M3 of vintage stuff stored including 25 E.M.T. and a complete tube radio station located in a bunker! The radio station was created during the cold war for the army in case of nuclear attack!
maybe the Jupiter PC , under Elysée' s Palace  ;) and the Eiffel's tower : A blochaus is located near the south west foot for broadcasting  ::)

Back