Gyraf Pultec into a mic preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldsnow

Hi all,
Sorry I don't know how to post my own drawings but here is a link to the Gyraf Pultec schematic
http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/pultec/gy_pd_sch.gif
What I was thinking is skipping the whole EQ stage and placing a 1:10 Jensen JT-115K with a 150K resister zobel network, followed by a switch to vary a resister (starting at 1k) that goes right into the  EC88, taking out the 220n cap leading into the tube input.  I know the gain would be low and that is OK for my purposes.  Also, would I leave out the 470K resister that goes to ground? 
What do you think?
Thank you

Yeah,  it'd work but . . . . . why not just build a G9?    Am I missing something in your question?

Gotcha.

I think you could build the entire EQ and add an access point at the amps input. Add the Jensen, omit the cap and wire in a switch to select the input source from EQ to mic which would give you an EQ and a light duty mic pre.  You'd probably have to pad the transformer input a little bit on the EQ side of the switch.

Was that your intention - to just have a small mic pre?

Since the transformer secondary will already be terminated with the zobel you will probably want to omit the 470K.

Back