Front Panel Express Second Front Panel Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cletus monroe

Hi Dudes,

I'm trying to figure out how to line up the holes for my dual front panels for an 1176 I'm building.
I'm using the par-metal 12 series. 

Is there a simple way to do this.  I can remeasure, but it seems like you should be able to change
the size of the panel (the second is 16.87") and maintain relative position on the panel with your wholes.
I tried grouping all the holes and setting the reference point of the holes to the middle of the first panel.
When I resize to the second panel size, all the holes shift to the right.

If anybody has any tips, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks!

One way to deal with it is to make a outline of the smaller panel and paste it positioned correctly on the larger one. Group and then copy/paste it on the small panel and remove any unneeded items. You could also change your point of reference to a known place on both panels and copy and paste from there.

I print full size panels on poster stock through a old large HP printer using custom paper sizes. I buy a 5 pack at staples and then cut them to my 10" and 5" sizes and then print out in wire frame. You could verify that everything is correct and go to fab from there. I've also threaded the holes and used the nuts to secure the panels for a friends panel and it worked well if using standard parts.

Also, Joe at Frontpanel was very helpful when i was designing my first etch. He spent like, a half hour on the phone with me, which i really appreciated. If all else fails, ask Joe!

Back