Cooking Austrian

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

We are lucky enough to have a beautiful kitchen in the studio(yep! same room!), and i do my best to keep everyone well fed. Secret is to find things that are QUICK to make. We live on lots of Pasta, risotto, Salad(esp new Lukas-style chicken salad!) and Homemade Pizza. keeps the artists happy for sure!

ANdyP

an identic italian plate is called "cotoletta alla milanese" and it's very popular in Italy but this plate was copied from Austrians during the austrian domination in Milan. When the Italians drove the Austrians from Milan this plate was taken as war booty,  :D :D :D :D.

However, it's very popular in all Italy, I eat a "cotoletta alla milanese" one or two times per week to be explicit.

strangeandbouncy said:
Hi,

We are lucky enough to have a beautiful kitchen in the studio(yep! same room!), and i do my best to keep everyone well fed. Secret is to find things that are QUICK to make. We live on lots of Pasta, risotto, Salad(esp new Lukas-style chicken salad!) and Homemade Pizza. keeps the artists happy for sure!

ANdyP

Do the British eat pasta?

Hi Pier,

Well this Briton has a passion for all things Italian! I make my own pizza and pasta all the time. Actually, I have a slight advantage over most Brits in that My wife and I have recently built a house in Le Marche .I am a total Italophile!

Brits eat quite a lot of pasta. It's just that most Brits have completely missed the point - simplicity. It is hard to make a stunningly simple dish with poor ingredients. Most of our "fresh" produce is designed to look good, travel well, and last as long as possible. Utterly tasteless!

My local shop in Le Marche had 18 varieties of tomato last august. Whilst every single type was extremely delicious, not one would EVER be salable in the UK. They just don't look right! All had come from within a couple of kilometres. There are 2 butchers competing for business. Both make unbelievable salamis. Every time I go, they are different, and utterly devine!

Thank GAWD we are going next month!

ANdyP

ps SHAMELESS PLUG . . . . . .

http://www.casamulberry.com/

Hey there...

I just bought a packet of Spatzele at the local German society's Spring Festival, last weekend.

I'm looking for a recipe which will do it justice... -I know I can count on you, lukas!

-Next time you're here, you should come at Oktoberfest or Spring perhaps...

We have a permanent Biergarten, with a Bandstand and oompah band. -Even the house looks the part!

_wsb_735x469_German-American+Society.JPG

-Keith

This is the funny thing - Florida Germans are bigger on German tradition than the Germans themselves,
it was so hilarious...Maja and I went to Florida for our honeymoon and it was supposed to be "get away
from Germany to the-aaaaahhh-subtropics" and lo and behold there was this huge banner:

"Oktoberfest!"

Unreal.

Personally I will never forgive Busch Gardens for removing the Biergarten from their African village.

It was the most surrealistic thing. You have, outside, this clay-cottage empire going on, totally African,
and everything except the German flag on top (uh-oh) gave you the feeling you were in the middle of
the Kalahari, the Florida sun doing its best to look the part...and then you step inside for some nice
African "we-just-grilled-that-animal-on-the-burning-barrel-over-there" but instead...

Bavaria! You just walked into the Musikantenstadl. And your brain does a 360.

And to top it off, you get a total Jewish deli kosher pastrami sandwich in there.

How can you remove something like that from the park?

At least they have the SheiKra. Three seconds of weightless Zen.

Here we have rev2 - from the original Austrian advice plus my version of the
insanity of Mr. Sanders, I decided to bread it twice after slicing it:

backhendl13.jpg

Which was pretty cool, had to turn the heat down a little to keep it tender while
the outside got crispy, and also now playing with the original lamb's lettuce and
seeds like it's supposed to, fried completely in...gaaaah...butter.

Cool is that you can store the chicken breaded like that in a little bowl in the fridge
so you always have nice freshly-fried chicken for your salad :)

Latest posts

Back