Unknown Transformers in my EMT Spare Parts Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValveTone

Hi!

When I bought my EMT-140 / 162-TS a few years ago here in NYC, it came with a box of spare parts.  I am now leaving the EMT behind as I moved to another studio (long story, but I will have one in the new place as well) I am sorting through the spare parts box.  Besides mountains of clips; 25 hex wrenches sized to the bolts on the EMT case, dozens of plastic spacers for properly setting up the driver spacing and who knows what else (lots of parts) I have several transformers I am trying to identify:

All of the transformers have a small "HS" logo on them and are labeled "Made in West Germany".

5 or 6 labeled "EMT ND-1-V65 transformers".

Another one is in a box and is labeled "Input transformer to exciter amp EMT-140 Reverb".

Several other power transformers from the same country labeled BV- NT495, BV-AU295.

Was curious if any of these are worth having around or using for some other cool project?

I spoke with Oliver Archut and he said:

the V65 should be identical to the input of the V65 amp that some hifi guys like.

But I would love to get more technical information on these and ideas what they, especially the input and driver transformers, might be used for in other projects.

Thanks for any help!

Damon

Latest posts

Back