Avantone Active Mixcubes Buzz problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arsmusic

I have a pair of Avantone Active Mixcubes and there is a ground buzz with these Ive switched the ground switch both ways and the buzz is still there.  I saw on sweetwater someone posted the same problem and said its an easy fix, but did not say what the fix is (and I cant email him to ask him).  Do anyone have any ideas?

Better than the originals
by Steve Hardy from Los Angeles, CA
May 16, 2008
Music Background: Mixing Engineer
Having used Auratones for years in studios, I knew what these should sound like. I was not disappointed. After a generous break in period, these have become an invaluable reference in my personal stu... read more [+]dio.

There is a ground hum issue (very low buzz not noticeable in most rooms) with these and I have heard from other people that theirs hum as well but its an easy fix.

If you need a "real world" alternate reference when mixing, you cannot do without these. close [-]

i think there was something wierd in grounding in some rev.s (that was fixed with zener and few caps) if you still have warranty, let  'em fix those

Check that there is nothing touching the input path. I had a stray AC lead that was touching the input jack on one of my Genelecs causing a hum that was solved by moving wires.

Hope this helps.

I fixed that problem by disconnecting the ground on the secondaries within the transformer case. No more buzzing. I don't think it is a safety issue, as there is only low voltage present at that point. No more hum.

Latest posts

Back