la3a revisted

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

o.k. so the unit is now compressing again. that took a while. But the second issue I have going on is noise.

what is acceptable noise/noise floor for an original unit that was recapped about 2 years ago.

if I run a +4 1k sine wave noise is not audible which makes sense as +4 is about noise floor. the unit compressed quite well.
However if I have the outputs connected and nothing on the input I get hiss and if I crank the volume on my test rig the hiss can get noticeable.

what is acceptable noise and what is not?

o.k. really racking my brain on this. all seems to check out and if I plug the output into a powered monitor directly without any load on the input I have to have the powered monitor a bx5 up at full to hear any real hiss. and with sine wave going threw the compressor no hiss... this seems normal to be but then again I don't know these units at all

pucho812 said:
o.k. really racking my brain on this. all seems to check out and if I plug the output into a powered monitor directly without any load on the input I have to have the powered monitor a bx5 up at full to hear any real hiss. and with sine wave going threw the compressor no hiss... this seems normal to be but then again I don't know these units at all

When testing for noise with no input you should ground the inputs to be sure that there is no actually no input.  i.e from interference etc

Back