f**king credit reports and unknown companies.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

So ever since my identity was stolen years back I have been doing credit report monitoring from all 3 main us systems. Out of the blue I get a letter stating some company I have never heard has made delinquent/derogatory changes to my file. I never even heard of this company in the first place.  This is not new to people as the moment I put in the companies code on the internet a lot of info with people experiencing the same issue has come up.... Now I have to waste time trying to get this sorted.

urgh...

The system is such a scam. These records are kept on us that most people aren't aware of until it's too late.
I say you get a class action lawsuit together!

riggler said:
The system is such a scam. These records are kept on us that most people aren't aware of until it's too late.
I say you get a class action lawsuit together!

well after phone after phone call this morning, I get to an answer.
One the company is called NCO financial. They are a collections agency. They have been sued for harassment and all kinds of things before. Nothing on the internet comes up as anything positive. In my dealing with them I had to call 4 different numbers 4 different times just to get any sort of help and then end result was that all I could be told was it came from AT&T. my first call went like this

them: hello operator

Pucho: yes who am I speaking to

Them: the operator

Pucho: does the operator have a name?

them yes "insert name here"

pucho: I am calling because"insert problem"

them: (hang's up the phone)

I call back number not in service any more. second time call a different phone number I am on hold for over 45 minutes. third Time, a third number I get to someone but they can't tell me anything. forth time and yet another number I get a person who is rude and crass but yet gives up the information regarding it being an AT&T thing.

The delinquent/derogatory changes to my file stem from my identity being stolen back in 2004.  AT&T decided that my cry of fraud was not legit and that although I sent more then enough proof, they denied the proof saying it was not proof they require to prove fraud. This was on a number opened up in my name that I did not open. Imagine sending them a copy of my police report as well as proof of legal residence and having them decline it as proof. Then they supposedly tried to contact me back then and never got a hold of me. So my cry of fraud was denied  and I was never given another opportunity to esplain it to them. So this sits for 6 years and then finally it goes to collections for 70.00

the nice happy ending to this is now because it is under 100.00 dollars and because it is 6 years old AT&T is now calling it a customer is not responsible. I will be mailed a nice form letter stating that. then AT&T will be contacting NCO and this matter assuming done correctly will be cleared up and no longer be an issue.  I will not hold my breath as until it is in writing it's still an issue.

You can dispute anything on your credit report, the credit tracking companies should have a mechanism to do this.

Here's one from a Canadian agency.

http://www.transunion.ca/ca/personal/creditdisputes_en.page

The onus is on them to do the research and provide proof of the infraction.

I would dispute everything on your record, no matter what.

Let them do some leg work for a change.

Mark

I disputed it all from day one. but the retards at AT&T had my case changed into a different department or whatever so one hand not watching the other hand and they screw the little guy

im not sure how the law works in ur part of the world, but i believe u can send the debit agency a "cease and desist" order and they should stop bugging u. they r scum

leadbreath said:
[...] ur [...] u [...] u.

I have a few extra keyboards lying around which I believe do have working y and o keys. If you like I can send you one for the cost of shipping.

leadbreath said:
they r scum

Although the vowels do tend to wear out sooner than the other keys, I probably have at least one spare with working a and e keys in addition to the ones I mentioned earlier.

Let me know,

JD 'pet peeve' B.

pucho812 said:
I disputed it all from day one. but the retards at AT&T had my case changed into a different department or whatever so one hand not watching the other hand and they screw the little guy

In my experience you have to do it through the credit reporting agency.

Dispute everything on your credit report.

If you do settle, it's best to never pay anything without getting it in writing.

I've had one come back years later and try to collect on something already settled.

Scum bags.

Mark

yes I have everything in writing.... Since my original identity theft back in 2004. It sucks that this has to pop 6 years later right when I was about to make some major decisions that would need a good credit score.

Biasrocks said:
Credit collections guys are the lowest of lifeforms.

I hope it works out well for you.

Mark

thanks doood. Like i said before I'll believe it when it is in writing and a done deal... I have other issues going on as well so this is just one more crap on the plate. But hey I am alive, healthy and in the end the universe will unfold as it should.

Latest posts

Back