how about just 1 Meta meta sticky...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking this same idea tonite.

I think it is somthing worth considering.

Maybe somthing to vote on if enough people are interested?

I think that is a really good idea. Just one sticky, to hold all of the metas...it would sure make them more useful, and would probably make it more likely that people would use them...

:thumb: :sam: :guinness:

Now thats funny I brought up Wiki in one of the microphone threads in a meta.

It is getting hard to keep up with all the info here. I think thats a good thing!

Anybody have an in with the wonderful Admin? Does Admin even know about this most superb idea?? Heck, we could remove the sticky on the thread about having multiple forums (because we already have them) and put this up there.

I think that the Meta Sticky should probably be locked as well, to keep the discussions in the meta's themselves.

:guinness:

A main meta sticky listing the other detailed metas is a good idea.
A description and link to each meta.

However I think you will find that eventually you have more to say about the running of the forum. Ask admin to give you a little space to have a couple of html pages.
Here you can have announcements, general links and perhaps a cleaner edited view of the meta threads..... print friendly. This was something I never got around to for the Group DIY pages.

That's a good idea, Kev.

Maybe have the html be the forum home page and we log into it first. Then all the meta's would listed there.

cheers,
kent

That could depend on how you want to present the info and what info you want to present.

A meta thread is about a subject or question that will interest many and will save having the same question over and over.
SSL comp, 1176, perhaps LA2 etc ... a FAQ can be just as effective.

The meta thread can be used to generate the info to put into a data base , like a FAQ or a web page that summarises ... then clear the meta thread back to a manageable level. Could be weekly, could be monthly, whatever.

As far as your dissections go, a web page for each trafo or comparison is probably more effective. A thread will probably be born as a result of a page like this. You can use this info to enhance the page and in quick time the page should be stable and have the info to keep many people pleased.

Look back over my Up-Dates to see how I tried to drum up enthusiasm.

Hey Kev-
This isn't too OT I don't think...
Is there a way to easily see what you have updated on your GroupDIY page's without having to search thru each thread?
Not that I don't learn something new every time...
Joel
:guinness:

Back