London's calling, who is up for neckin a beer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matta

Hey Guys,

I'll be in London May 17th - May 26th, AES is May 22nd - 25th, which is one of the reasons I'm coming over, so maybe we might see even more of our European/American contingent? Anyone else making the trip across the pond? I suggest a trip to the good ole Duke for a beer or 3? Anyone in for a night out and away from the soldering iron?

Cheers

Matt

Updated  ;D

Well it seems it will be us 3, though the first time it was just you and me, LOL! Hopefully we can draw some of the others out of the woodwork?

Matt

Rob Flinn said:
Matt I'm up for it.

By the way it should be "neckin' " & not "necking".  We're talking drinking in London !!

I happen to be around right then but my company ain't that fond of spending time around beer + geartalk I believe :) Have you decided the place and time for the meeting?

Rob Flinn said:
Normally, we head to the Duke of York near Victoria Station because it's sort of central !

Why not here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ye_Olde_Cheshire_Cheese

A history lesson whilst drinking. Heck, it would almost be educational!
It quite central as well... and not far from convent garden, etc if things
are going to get outta hand.  ;D

I'll be along assuming I'm free.

Should be at AES anyway. Do I need some sort of pass, or am I going to have to just pretend that I'm important somehow?

Ok, bumping this... are we going to get this together?

Anyone still prefer the Duke? If so I'm going to suggest next Thursday night, 20th May? Thoughts?

Cheers

Matt

Sorry Matt,

My AES plans fell apart.  really bummed I won't be there.

Regards

Jon

Ok, so are we confirming that we will do 'The Duke', Thurs 20th May? Lets forget the AES idea so as not to confuse things... So far our party is Rob, Me, Mr Mclunk and Andy (maybe)? Where are the old stalwarts like Roddy and Peter?

Jon, I'm sorry that your plans fell apart, I notice that you and Justin are no longer exhibiting at AES, seems a couple companies have pulled out as well, well I hope we get to meet up again sometime in the future.

Cheers

Matt

Back