Anybody has Noise cancelling headphones?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zayance

GDIY Supporter
White Market Member
Hi there, I want to buy some active noise cancelling headphones for mixing stuff  :D just kidding, no i actually had for about 3 years some Sony MDR-NC32NX i bought in Japan, and was not bad, i actually just got addicted to that noise cancelling think on trips, really a stress relief just not to hear all the mess in a train or plain, i even use it for just nothing then this, I try not to listen that much on headphones because that's not a very cool thing for the ears, but makes the trip in a plain or train easier in a way :).
Well my Sony is slowly duying, one of the speakers seem to be bad and i'm a little fed up of the in ear stuff, sound was ok, but i'll like more traditional but they can be expensive, even if the in ears are also pretty much expensive, i just read that Maxell was done by Bose, and i found some ok Price for that, but was not that crazy about the Bose sound on headphones at that price, from what i remember, shure in ears were ok but in ear.
Anyway, would love to have some feedbacks from users, if there is  ???

forget noise cancelling headphones.  get yourself some direct sound extreme isolation headphones. Their new model does 29 DB outside noise reduction. Works great IMO

Their new model does 29 DB outside noise reduction. Works great IMO

Which brand/model?

I have a Beyer DT770, i like the sound, never tested on field tough, i mean they are HUGE, not very practical for travelling, but did you try any of those Noise cancelling headphones? I mean in a shop it's ok, like turn on and off and your like cool, but it saved me some headache travelling, but your option could definitely cost less that's for sure....

pucho812 said:
forget noise cancelling headphones.  get yourself some direct sound extreme isolation headphones. Their new model does 29 DB outside noise reduction. Works great IMO

I think pucho is referring to the ex-29 model. I'm wearing mine right now :-D

Jim50hertz said:
pucho812 said:
forget noise cancelling headphones.  get yourself some direct sound extreme isolation headphones. Their new model does 29 DB outside noise reduction. Works great IMO

I think pucho is referring to the ex-29 model. I'm wearing mine right now :-D

yes. that is the model. I use them whenever i am in the studio laying drum tracks. They work wonders

Also great for noisy plan flights, ignoring crying babies, you name it.

I'd recommend the earbuds that seal in the ear canal.  I have a pair of Shure EC3's that I paid about $300 for that are absolutely marvelous.  They also work as nice earplugs when you don't feel like listening to music.  I see that they can be found on the web for $179 on closeout (discontinued model).  They do a great job of filtering out environmental noise and they fit in your pocket.  I use them on planes all the time.

Last trip I forgot the Shures, so I bought a pair of top of the line Sennheiser ear buds for $79 in the airport, CX 400-II Precisions.  They are absolute trash.  Woofy lows, weak midrange, and harsh treble.  Shame on you Sennheiser....

I still like the sealed earbud concept though.  Check out the recent offerings from Shure.  They have models for <$100.

Ok i bought the Extreme isolation headphones, not bad at all, and yes pretty extreme isolation, build quality is ok, not in comparison to Beyerdynamic headphones tough, in terms of confort etc..., but they will be really useful headphones, sound is pretty good, still need to use them a little to make the membrane, but all in all not a bad buy, thanks Pucho812 ;-)

+1 on the Shure SE3s.
I've had mine for over three years and as mentioned, they sound pretty good and do pretty much eliminate outside noise.
The SE5s are even better, I have a pair of those as well for use when doing on location recordings so I can hear if there are any problems with hum, noise, etc.
But they are a lot more money.

well i had ear buds, and i was a little fed-up about them actually that's why i wanted to have some other options, at a descent price, i payed 75euros for the extreme isolations and they do the right job at that price.

zayance said:
well i had ear buds, and i was a little fed-up about them actually that's why i wanted to have some other options, at a descent price, i payed 75euros for the extreme isolations and they do the right job at that price.

I agree. for the money they work well. You know I don't find them to be uncomfortable. Maybe I am just used to them..

:D well not uncomfortable, but compared to my DT770 the arc is more rounded and fits my head but the extreme headphones is more tight on that arc, and doesn't fit my head, but feels good on ears, if you understood me???

abbey road d enfer said:
pucho812 said:
You know I don't find them to be uncomfortable.
that's because your head has set in :D

yes

zayance said:
:D well not uncomfortable, but compared to my DT770 the arc is more rounded and fits my head but the extreme headphones is more tight on that arc, and doesn't fit my head, but feels good on ears, if you understood me???

and yes.

Latest posts

Back