Editing DVD Audio - help!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra50

Hi!

I've been asked to clean up a noisy soundtrack on a dodgy wedding DVD, but i'm struggling to extract the audio from the DVD.

Can anyone suggest an method without spending much on applications? - I won't get more that about 60 or 70 quid for the job, so I don't want to eat into that too much. I'm on a mac, and I recall the old versions of iMovie used to do this. However the current version is a piece of crap when it comes to handling audio.

I've got access to logic 9  and protools 8.

I'll also need to recombine the audio & video at the other end, but I'll cross that bridge later.

Thanks in advance - it feels like it should be really easy....

should be able to Iovie the audio and video later... can you rip the dvd? Something like mac the knife that way you get a videoo.ts and audio.ts folder... should be able to get audio from there?

I have never had to do anything of that nature before so your guess is as good as mine.

oh yeah and mac the knife is free.  and is for  mac

Thanks Pucho - looks like if I can rip to MP4 or AVI somehow, then Logic Pro 9 will handle extracting the audio. Then I can switch to iZotope RX and sort out the audio.

The sound is terrible - clipping, automatic gain control and loud wind noise. Should be a challenge!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've used wiretap before, very handy.

Handbrake is great! I managed to convert the VOBs to MP4. Logic will do the rest.

I may need help stitching it all back together - I'll let you know.

The easiest and most straight forward (and free) authoring software I found is DVDStyler. Drag in the audio and video streams, click, and you have a ready to burn image file. You can also create menus and chapters and use background music, but this is as far as it gets. So if you don't want to do something fancier, this works perfectly.

Latest posts

Back