BLOO LA 2A kit information please

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre tchmil

I bought the BLOO LA2A kit somewhere back in 2005 and I'm slowly starting to build as of yesterday :)
But since I don't see much movement in the LA2A meta and googling doesn't bring up much, I start here.

I have a few UTC's that I bought back then and If I remember well, some of them could be used in the project.
types are A21, A26, A25. I can hardly read the specs on them , so my question is which ones for in / out and do I need to connect them reversed ?

Read the any of the LA2A threads or search LA2A and UTC.

There was 2 inputs and 2 outputs type UTC transformers used  but I can't remember #'s at the moment.

A24...

Look for the DripOpto pdf files (he has the info and hookup pictures in there), LA2A manuals and the Bunker of doom UTC guide.

I'll post what I have later (or links)  or if It steaks across the noggin.

A10 or HA-100x in and A24 out, the ones you have may be useable as outs depending on specs, you can use sowter or even edcor. Jensen also make compaitible trfos with a mod i think... Hope that helps  :)

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6518&highlight=projects

That A-26 will work as input or output, depending on which way you face it.  I have one that uses one for in, one for out, and am quite happy with it, although there may be issues with using it as an output that I'm unaware of, as it's a different ratio, but it sounds great, so . . .I suppose it is, in some camps. 

Back