wanted, fast simple easy help with identifying the v272 broadcastfilter!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motordisco

Hi

Im looking for ( ..if there is ) the possible broadcast filter at perhaps 15khz ? in the siemens v272 line amp.

If there is a capacitor that sits around blocking a full frequencyresponce, I would gladly remove it since the amp is a bit dark in character, not superbright on the tops.
If there is also a bassfilter, just tell me also if you know. There is also an inductor (drossel) wich im wondering why its there.
remove?
When removing a filtering component like this, should I just put a jumper?
Easy if you know i hope, just tell me the number(s) of the parts to be removed.
schematics:
http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/getfile.cgi?f=%3D%2C3%28W%2CS%28S%2C3%3CW-5%5DV%2BW-I96UE%3BG-%3F%3DC%28W%2CBYG%3A68%60%0A

..If you have an answer. Im sure one or many have done this.
No smartass searchbutton-answers please.  Glad if anyone can help me, that have done this himself. ( or herself??)

thank you very plenty much!! :)
dr.Jacoby

The capacitor between both halves of the primary cretes a High pass at 80Hz. Since it is heavily damped by R21 and R20, it is 1st-order (6dB/octave).
The inductor Dr1 in the emitter of Ts1 creates a Low Pass filter. Since the value is unknown, I can't tell the frequency, but I suspect it could create this feeling of "darkness".
You can defeat them by shorting C11 and Dr1.
Caveat: the inductor may be there to suppress a tendency to oscillate (but I very much doubt it). When shorting it, make sure the unit does not oscillate.

Back