Re-creating PCB's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

I have kind of a strange question, I think...

Is there a way to scan in an old PCB and have the software regenerate an image, so that I can get new boards made up?  Or does it have to be done manually?  I have some old console PCB's that are pretty brittle and shot, and I'd like to rebuild them.

If not, what is everyone using to create their PCB's, and with what company are you manufacturing?

Thanks!
Sig

You can try to torture this guy (he apparently likes to etch..):

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=37108.0

retrofits, eh?

"software regenerate the image"
if your looking to get an eagle file out of this i think not. not sure though
but if you get a clear enough image you could clean it up in photoshop. reverse the image then transfer to copper and etch.

how to do it in eagle
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6031.0

I have access to lpkf protomat so I have to use LPKF BoardMaster for makin gerbers(or *.lmd -files actually)
just found that i could import corel draw picture innit, all though i still have to mark all holes by hand :-\

Lukas is your man.

Then again, it's always fun to learn to do PCB layouts if you've got time. It's especially easy to copy an existing circuit, but that's provided you have time to tackle the learning curve.

I use Osmond Quartz because it's the only thing I could find for mac that didn't require installing X11.

Livingnote:

This is great to know.
I have some very early PCB's in a '50's RCA console that are in pretty fragile condition.
Heat and cigarette smoke have taken their toll.
There are mic pres, a monitor amp, program amps and power supply board.
These must be some of the earliest PCB's in commercial production because I haven't seen many others earlier than these.
My guess is you'd need the de-populated old boards to make new ones.
You can pm me if you'd like to consider this and give me an estimate.

Latest posts

Back