CPU reset generator IC

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jones

Someone told me that there is a 3 pin IC available that generates a soft start CPU reset voltage for CPU's, I was wondering if anyone has come across these and knows a part number? I have an Oberheim OB8 with a strange factory mod that I want to ditch in favour of a better reset circuit.

Steve

Steve Jones said:
Someone told me that there is a 3 pin IC available that generates a soft start CPU reset voltage for CPU's, I was wondering if anyone has come across these and knows a part number? I have an Oberheim OB8 with a strange factory mod that I want to ditch in favour of a better reset circuit.

Microchip MCP809 among about a hundred variations-on-the-theme.

But these aren't "soft start" reset devices. They monitor the power rail, and keep their outputs asserted for well after the power-supply has stabilized.

-a

Andy Peters said:
Steve Jones said:

Microchip MCP809 among about a hundred variations-on-the-theme.

But these aren't "soft start" reset devices. They monitor the power rail, and keep their outputs asserted for well after the power-supply has stabilized.

-a

Perfect. just what I am looking for. thanks!

Latest posts

Back