G9 - Hmm.. problems again

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soeren_DK

Hi everybody...

a quistion again...
I having the last part of the G9 done soon but there is something i cant understand about the Input and output XLR connections..

How should the been connect?

i know that the should be connect to the main board. 2 wires for the input and 3 wires for the out but it is the 0v/GND that i dont understand and what about the powerground and should the 19u rack also be connected i a way?

Sorry about the bad english..

[quote author="Soeren_DK"]Sorry about the bad english..[/quote]

-Sorry for my bad Danish! :green:

Basically, pin 2 and 3 are connected at both the input and output.

You might sometimes experience ground loops with other equipment if you connect the audio ground to the chassis... for phantom power to work, you'd have to connect 0V to pin 1, but if there's no phantom power then pin 1 is just a shield and carries neither signal nor power.

If pin 1 is just for a shield. It can be connected to either power ground or signal ground, though these are best kept seperate to reduce the chances of ground loop

Keith

hehe.... :green: you make me smile... This winter is so dark in denmark so it is great with a smile... ...

Okay. I use phantompower for the g9 so the input is connected to the 0v/GND but the output is not but this is not necessary?

Hi Søren,

For the G9, I use a piece of heavy copper wire and bus all pin1's of the in/out XLS's together - and connect them to 0V through the input ground.

Output is floating balanced, so it can as well use the input ground.

And never worry about your english here - we'll keep on asking untill we understand your question...

:grin:

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back