Spinal Tap on the ol' ATC SCM300's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drpat

Tap.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

envelope said:
I like the passive radiator supports ;D

I'll take that as an assumption that I'm way too stupid to fill the road cases with anhydrous sand before I set the speakers on top of them. ;D As big as the wheels are on the cases they are still hard to push around due to the extra weight. I also had to install a dedicated 30A circuit, as 20A doesn't cut it for these things.

The studio is being remodeled, so I yanked the ATC's and took them home for the most amazing movie nights I've ever experienced. It's fun to watch everybody jump in terror the first time that they hear a gunshot through these things! Nice for the "after movie" dance party too!

These things definitely go way past 11...

That would be cool. Some notable movie nights at pat's house include:

-Resident Evil
-It Might Get Loud
-Gladiator

Any other recommendations for movies with good sound that I could pump through these beasts?

hey Greg,

That was "It Might Get Loud", and the other guy was Jack White from the White Stripes.

I've never heard of "Dual", I'll have to look into that.

The chase scene in "The Island" involving a helicopter chasing a V12 Cadillac Cien was incredible. Not a very popular movie, but it's a "must see" for anybody who hasn't seen it.

Back