Malware warning on Black Market Post

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lassoharp

For some reason I keep getting directed to a maleware warning page when trying to view the BM ad:

MD 441 U to sell/

May be no big deal but just in case someone needs to know.

You have some malware on your computer, same junk i had awhile back. Can't remember the name of it...
A real pita. Every third page you go to goes to some odd search page...and a random virus scanning script comes up saying "Warning, you have malware on your computer"....etc. Then proceeds to do a fake scan.

Really got on my nerves for awhile. Only thing that found it, and killed it, was Sophos antivirus.

desol said:
You have some malware on your computer, same junk i had awhile back. Can't remember the name of it...
A real pita. Every third page you go to goes to some odd search page...and a random virus scanning script comes up saying "Warning, you have malware on your computer"....etc. Then proceeds to do a fake scan.

Really got on my nerves for awhile. Only thing that found it, and killed it, was Sophos antivirus.

I certainly hope not - just had the OS reinstalled.  I can't get it to come up on any other forum page I've tried except that single one and it does it on only that one - 4 different times.  Maybe a spambot?

If it is a new one my Malewarebytes scan missed it.  

It says "this  page is linked to w-w-w.v-u-t-u-r-e-visions.c-o-m which appears to have maleware . . .    But it doesn't jump into a fake scan - who knows?  If nobody else is getting that screen it may be hitting my IP address

i checked that thread this morn and though it funky...
no other reason to suspect malware on my machine though

eskimo said:
maleware=extra masculin malware? ;)

;D   

Whatever that v-u-t-u-r-e server is it's linked to a couple of other prodigy pages and tape.op

my browser page shows a warning at the bottom of a couple of the google listings

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vuturevisions+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

When i had that shit on my computer, i did reverse DNS lookups on the hosting entities driving the search spoofs. I emailed them....and somewhat threatened them, but not really, as they may be unaware of the leeches utilizing their DNS service. I did mention this variable to them in my plight...

Anyhow, their reply was...'prove it'.  :D

Assholes. And i did! Then i went back to old reliable...Sophos. Found it immediately for supper.

FWIW last time i has some spyware i used Combofix.exe
its particularly good at getting rid of the nasty ones that lock you from internet access and other things that you may utillise to remove the spyware.
Which is done by fixing the registry, usually back to an original state, so its quite agressive, but it worked 100% for me, if anything my computer was running faster than before i even had the spyware.
I have used it on 2 other systems and has worked exceptionally. Its totally free and can be found with a quick google.

> malware warning page when trying to view the BM ad: MD 441 U to sell/

The second post has a link to a maybe-bad site. Don't click on it. This is true for ALL posts from "W DeMarco".

"W DeMarco"s profile has a link under the
www_sm.gif
WWW-link icon.

Results for: www.vuturevisions
New Virtual Private Server for vuture -- www . vuturevisions . com
This site may harm your computer.
Welcome vuture to Your New Virtual Private Server ! We would like to welcome you to your new Virtual Private Server. We are committed to bringing you the ...
www . audiblejones . com/
Looks like someone took-over that site and is doing bad stuff with it.

"W DeMarco" should remove the "vulturevisions" link in his forum Profile until he can re-claim that site.

Thanks PRR,

I've gone ahead and removed those links on W DeMarco's profile.

Back